Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

one or more technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Night View.jpg

I got this illustration rejected. I'd like to receive more especific feedback to solve the causes of this rejection.

What are these reasons?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Victor Almeida, I am an illustrator and have created pictures like this one. I do this for my own work but never for Adobe Stock. It looks as though you might have adjusted the curves in Photoshop to give the coloring and the look of lumination and halo but this is not usually wanted for stock. A buyer can adjust curves and get the various colors they want. If you just send the first drawing with no after effects it is more likely to get accepted. It might seem not as much fun for us but that is how things are with selling to stock. Maybe take the color back to an even variation of a softer color and lessen the strength of the dark areas.

It took me about five rejections to understand that we must keep our offerings simple .... Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joan (joanh22203655), thank you for your response. In fact I used Photoshop to emphasize contrast and make some colors pop. All those colors were there, it was a pretty shinny fulmoon night, with a bit natural halo around the moon as well. Afterwards, I vectorized the picture in Illustrator. Then exported the final result as a JPEG picture in Adobe RGB (1998) color format, which increased the color pop effect. Now I'm going back to Illustrator to prepare another version with less or none halo and a less dark night. In your opinion it would be more acceptable as a JPEG or vector file format? Thank you again.

Best regards, Victor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrations are best uploaded as Illustrator files.

The gamut is bigger for AdobeRGB, but that should not influence your “colour pop”.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice about let illustration as an illustrator file format. Indeed the colours in AdobeRGB looks brighter and more vibrant than sRGB or CMYK formats

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMYK is good for printing only. You should convert your images to sRGB before uploading. The problem with the colour models is, that browsers (and a lot of programs) know only sRGB.

See also here: Color profile for Adobe Stock jpeg files?

You can however work your pictures in AdobeRGB, although I prefer ProPhoto RGB (and 16 bits). For uploading (and final client images) I use sRGB (because sRGB is expected by programs not caring about  colour management).

ProPhoto RGB color space - Wikipedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, judging from a photographic point of view, you could adjust the colour temp giving you this:Night+View.colourtemp.jpg

But do wonder if illustrations should be judged by the same criteria as in photographs, as this can be a matter of taste.

Though perhaps the moderator didn't like the purplish colour and saw it as a colour cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky (ricky336),thanks to your response. I thought this colour criteria would be more applicable to photographs and  illustrations could get more creative freedom, with a bit of fantasy. Perhaps my illustation is too realistic to not to be judged as a real photo. In the end, it all can be just a matter of the moderator taste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that it is “taste”, it’s more if the moderator looks at it like a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines