Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

one or more technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

This is a learning curve for me so I would appreciate your feedback please. My image was rejected for one or more technical issues and looking at the histogram it has an overexpose spike. Could this be the reason or is it the editing aftrewards?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

I hope you kept the original image.  The color balance is way off.  There's entirely too much cyan.  Also I see blue artifacts around edges of the building (see screenshot).

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you kept the original image.  The color balance is way off.  There's entirely too much cyan.  Also I see blue artifacts around edges of the building (see screenshot).

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, many thanks for your feedback. I added extra cyan deliberately as I though that by altering the sky it would make the image more pleasing to the eye. Yes, I have kept the original. I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I added extra cyan deliberately as I though that by altering the sky it would make the image more pleasing to the eye."

No.  It looks weird and unnatural.

See this video, "The Quickest Way to Correct White Balance in Photoshop," by Jesus Ramirez (PTC).

Hope that helps,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I really appreciate your feedback and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock looks for highest visual and technical quality. See links below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adding the cyan to make the sky blue, is not a good idea. It has added a cast to the whole picture and it looks bad. It doesn't look pleasing to the eye, quite the opposite I'm afraid. 

If possible, it is better to wait for a day when the light is better.

Otherwise, it is a record/memory shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ricky, many thanks for your feedback. When I took the picture the sun had just gone down but the sky looked too grey in the picture. I probably tried to be too smart rather than keep it simple..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines