Highlighted

Photo critique

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beach.jpg

HI I would be interested on your thoughts of this photo. It's currently in the review process.

I would only say that the highlights such as the sky are slightly over exposed, causing the outlines of hair to also become overexposed. Composition could possibly do with being adjusted slightly ie to the left slightly, but that's quite subjective.

Other than that good shot.

Topics

Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo critique

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beach.jpg

HI I would be interested on your thoughts of this photo. It's currently in the review process.

I would only say that the highlights such as the sky are slightly over exposed, causing the outlines of hair to also become overexposed. Composition could possibly do with being adjusted slightly ie to the left slightly, but that's quite subjective.

Topics

Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wille

thank you for your reply. I’ll take that advice on board. I see what you mean about the sky/hair. I was just slightly worried about under exposing the faces. Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application are you using? There are a number of options you have to prevent this happening?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop and lightroom cc. My knowledge is fairly basic though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom highlights adjustment should do a pretty good job without affecting any of the midtones in the faces. Alternatively you could apply a gradient adjustment from the top of the sky downwards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips Wille, I'll give it a go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a great picture. But I’ve identified one part that may get your picture in trouble:

47FFE816-2CC5-4597-92E6-4748BAD31A0E.jpeg

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo. I will have a play in lightroom and see of I can correct this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let‘s fist see if the moderators refuse that.

I doubt that you can correct this via software.

Regards,
Abambo

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good point. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image did get accepted thankfully.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Abambo LATEST
Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations. It's a great image. It will probably generate some sales. 

Regards,
Abambo

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines