Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Declined Inquiry

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just recently had one of my photos declined for "Lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal", I had put it under the "graphic imagery" category on what I had thought was a fun abstract photo. Looking to get any feedback to double check if this is maybe not a desired photo after all.  Or if i need to try another angle or not.  Thank you for yout time!

( lower -res smaller thumbnail attached)

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.17.16 AM.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

The post processing is too aggressive here. You have a better chance uploading the clean, color version of your images. If designers want to make it funky in post they prefer to do it themselves to match their project exactly.

Better luck next time,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell you I  have sent a few of this type of photo and each one was rejected for this "lack of aesthetic value." I finally accepted it's just not what the Adobe buyers want. The one you show here is interesting as mine was but we were both rejected for lack of appeal to customers. Keep going. Next time try putting the word abstract in the picture title line. Or just send the plain photo with no special filters or after effects. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just accept the rejection and find other motifs ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post processing is too aggressive here. You have a better chance uploading the clean, color version of your images. If designers want to make it funky in post they prefer to do it themselves to match their project exactly.

Better luck next time,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ok!  I actually didnt do any post-production on the photo, it's just lit with neon lights but yes that makes sense if it seems to them if I did.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines