• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photo is rejected

Explorer ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'd like to know why this photo is rejected. Please help me.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is a little overexposed so that details are lost in the pedals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejection reason? Quality and technical issues or Aesthetic or commercial appeal?

Aesthetic or commercial appeal

There are multiple flower pictures in the database so if you want to submit yet another flower picture, it needs to be great!

Quality and technical issues

As there are many flower pictures in the database you need to have perfect picture quality. Besides some possible tweaks in the white balance and in the lightning, your flower picture is slightly out of focus with the blossom, the most important part of any flower picture. You need to get it crisp sharp, even without additional sharpening. That can't be corrected afterwards.

As for other parameters see here:

Abambo_1-1620758588568.png

Unfortunately, I also detected some artefacts probably due to dust on the sensor.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kumocom ,

There is a white balance issue. The photo is a bit too cool.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,JG Thanks for your reply.

I'm a beginner in photography. so I can't see where the white balance is  'too cool ' in the  picture.

please advise me

I set the white balance automatically

For reference, there is a lot of dirty and dust on the water in the big fishbowl.

Best Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kumocom,

The photo is looking dull and flat. If you look at the leaf to the right it has more blue than yellow and tend to look aqua. Open the photo in your photo editor and you should notice some blue to the right of the histogram. As a matter of fact @Abambo illustration shows the blue clipping on the white segment (on the right).

I hope this helps

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,JG 

I see

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @kumocom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines