• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo out of focus

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo166040907 was rejected as out of focus.  However, if you load it into Photoshop and look at it at 100%, and examine the placard in front of the aircraft, it is quite readable.  How can one get it more in focus?  Nikon D800.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to guess without seeing the photo, but maybe the composition is drawing the eye to somewhere that isn't in sharp focus? Happens to me a lot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Pamela mentions, we are just fellow users and can't see rejected images based on their IDs. Share the image here and we'll give you the best advice we can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I did not see a method for posting the photo.  How does one do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload an image by clicking this button:

button.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is.  I had to crop it (left & right) to get it below the size limit.  Thanks for your help.

2017-07-29_Pima_B-52_cropped.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks in focus to me.

However, it does look like there was an overly aggressive noise removal which does seem to make things look a bit...waxy?

waxy.jpg

Or perhaps something about the windows in the cockpit area made them think it wasn't in focus (it does look a bit weird up there).

cockpit.jpg

Or maybe they selected the wrong rejection reason. If you don't have a model release for that man in the picture, that could be the real reason for the rejection.

man.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Szalam for your suggestions.  I try to minimize the sharpening for Adobe Stock but that could be a factor.  The windows had interior covers to protect the cockpit from the Arizona sun.  I'm not sure I could ID the guy in the background --- in fact, that would suggest the focus is quite good.

I find it frustrating dealing with Adobe Stock because they are not generally explicit as to the real reason for rejections.  I am still trying to learn the parameters of what they might accept and what they are rejecting (and why).  Good luck with  your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red covers inside the engines look fake.  Are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, they are covers to protect the jet engines against the dust in the desert (this is Tucson, AZ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just look unnaturally untextured across the board.  I agree, the cockpit looks weird, but I can't zoom in enough on the image to get a good look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks in focus to me as well. (I too have had some images rejected due to out of focus, but the subject is in focus, however a shallow depth of field, which could explain the out of focus).

Here I think it might due to the number on the plane! 067 - This can identify the plane, so needs a property release. The man is unrecognisable - but then if you blow it up like Szalam did, you could recognise him. So, maybe clone him out and clone out the 067 number and try again.

I don't think the covers look unnatural  - just bright sun reflecting off the covers. Was this taken around midday?

Maybe depth of field is an issue?? Hence the background being out of focus. Who knows??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ricky.  There were two emblems on the plane that I cloned out but I did not think the numbers would be an issue.  I do have a property release and submitted it with the photo.  It was mid-day when the photo was taken.  I may take you up on your suggestion to clone out the man in the background.  Thanks for your suggestions.  And I agree with "Who knows??".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines