Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected because of missing property release

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am new on Adobe Stock and I have one Photo rejected because of missing property release. The photo shows the making of a wooden mask. When the mask is finished it is colored with hair and all, so the photo shows kind of unfinished "product". now my Question is:

Who has to sign property release? The person who carved the copied mask? or the group, that wears the mask on karneval?

I am asking that question to not do the same mistake twice. Thanks for your help, kind regards

Carl

Maske--2.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

The creator orf the artwork, in this case the maker of the mask.

If it would not be for the property release, it would have been refused because the image is quite out of focus...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The creator orf the artwork, in this case the maker of the mask.

If it would not be for the property release, it would have been refused because the image is quite out of focus...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your respond! As the photo is part of a series and meanwhile I have another rejection for the same reason ( the other photo is in focus ), I know now what to do. Thanks again for your helpful answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carl brugger, I see markings on the mask that somehow identify it quite specifically. They are perhaps marks for mold to recast of it or marks of the artist-creator or perhaps even just signatures of actors wearing the mask. So, any of these would call for a property release. Prepare the releases and resubmit. While you are at it clean up the focus a bit. Let us know how it goes. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there and thank you for your respond.The funny part is, that Adobe wants me to bring a permission for buildings and ground !? the second photo is rejected and the third one with the same subject seems to be ok. I don´t really get the point there. As said, I am new on Adobe stock and make my first experiences. I will not go over the photos and submit again.

Adobe seems to be not very clear in its decisions. For example: one photo of a females belly needs a model release. But there is no person recognisable,it is just a belly.. the second photo from the same model and shooting on which is more to see from the model seems to be ok without model release !???

anyhow, thanks for helping, kind regards

Carl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

property release should be seen a little bit broader than buildings.

Pictures are reviewd on a FIFO basis and I doubt that always the same moderator looks at the pictures. I would also suspect a two level moderation where a primary moderator can call in help for a picture.

A female belly may be looked at as a nude picture and nude pictures always need a model release.

Adobe is consistant in its refusals and most of the refusals we see here ar ok. We don’t always agree on the reason, but in most cases this or that can be claimed.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for your answer.  Things becoming more and more clear for me. And the experience here will improve my work in future, because of the feedback I get. Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines