• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Rejected due to IP, feedback appreciated!

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Just starting here, and I would like some input/feedback to understand the reason for this rejection due to IP.

From the other posts I've read, I am thinking it could be due to the "fire extinguisher" signage.

The bike is pretty standard design and indistinguishable so i am not thinking this is an issue.

Would this be correct? and is there anything else here that would trigger the IP rejection.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Cheers

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Hi @D5C08 ,

The IP is for the building. There is a L5 that should be removed. Also the TH. I would also remove those signs below the L5.and the sign at the top although we cannot see what it says. But even if you do all this there is a lot of problem with this image. 

There is noise/grain problem

Color fringing problem

And the light inside the building causes details to be lost.

Also I believe because we can all see the interior of the building, it would not be suitable for commercial purpose wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

A fire extinguisher sign is not protected by IP, except if it is a special creation. Other signage may be protected. Bikes normally have tons of logos sticking on every small element and a picture in the quality and resolution needed would probably make those logos visible.

As said by @ricky336 , the building itself (without sinage) is quite iconic, so it will probably need a property release and a model release.

As said by @jacquelingphoto2017 there are quality problems too. As of the perspec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that it is the building itself. I'm sure it would require a release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @D5C08 ,

The IP is for the building. There is a L5 that should be removed. Also the TH. I would also remove those signs below the L5.and the sign at the top although we cannot see what it says. But even if you do all this there is a lot of problem with this image. 

There is noise/grain problem

Color fringing problem

And the light inside the building causes details to be lost.

Also I believe because we can all see the interior of the building, it would not be suitable for commercial purpose without IP release.

The building is not upright (lens problem). You needed to straighten same.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1609707060926.png

If you have not done so as yet, you may benefit form the information at Stock Contributor Learn & Support (adobe.com) by reading through all the linked articles.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fire extinguisher sign is not protected by IP, except if it is a special creation. Other signage may be protected. Bikes normally have tons of logos sticking on every small element and a picture in the quality and resolution needed would probably make those logos visible.

As said by @ricky336 , the building itself (without sinage) is quite iconic, so it will probably need a property release and a model release.

As said by @jacquelingphoto2017 there are quality problems too. As of the perspective, you could discuss, if corrections are necessary. I do not think so, but if submiting an otherwise perfect image fails, you could try that and resubmit. Because of different other problems that need to be solved first, I would not invest here in much of you precious time.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @ricky336, @jacquelingphoto2017 , @Abambo for the input! This is super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines