• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected due to "Technical Issues"

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this picture rejected due to "Technical Issues" while it has been approved elsewhere.

I am aware that not all stock websites have the same selection criteria.

I have been trying to understand the review process for Adobe Stock and understand this may be due to contrast or saturation.

Am I correct here or are there any other considerations to take into account? Anyone having experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Lenningen.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Yes, artifacts does have its own cateogory, AND so because this is technical issue that means white balance, saturation and contrast mainly.

So, others disagree with me here when I talk about white balance, but there is somewhat an issue here! (I can see it.) You have a definite colour cast!

You have to alter your tint and temperature sliders (in Lightroom or other editing programme) to get something like this: (Or in Photoshop auto colour also does the trick!)

Lenningen.white balance.jpg

It's the snow that is the main proble

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejection reasons can be looked up here: Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock .

I've looked into your picture and I've seen some really bad artifacts.

If you, however made a special version of your picture to post here, I would prefer to see the original JPEG.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

I did find the rejected reasons before posting and it looked like "Artifacts" has it own category meaning my picture would be "rejected due to artifacts". However I received an e-mail saying my picture was "rejected due to technical error".

According to what I found previously and the link you sent Adobe says "When we reject a file based on technical issues, we have identified technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which we call out specifically."

That left me thinking maybe it was due to contrast or saturation? It would just be nice to know to be able to correct it and for further contributions.

I tried including the original picture however there is a limit of 8,5 MB for uploaded which is too little for the original file.

I cannot see as many artifacts as the one I posted earlier though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, artifacts does have its own cateogory, AND so because this is technical issue that means white balance, saturation and contrast mainly.

So, others disagree with me here when I talk about white balance, but there is somewhat an issue here! (I can see it.) You have a definite colour cast!

You have to alter your tint and temperature sliders (in Lightroom or other editing programme) to get something like this: (Or in Photoshop auto colour also does the trick!)

Lenningen.white balance.jpg

It's the snow that is the main problem - it's a bit too purple, so you have to remove the cast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I understand your point and also definitely see the color cast in the snow now that you pointed it out!

I will try adjusting the picture and re-submit to see what that does.

I will let you know whether it has been approved or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick feedback to let you know the picture got approved today.

Thanks for your help, the white balance was definitely the issue here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines