Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected due to technical problems

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I´m a newbie as a stock photographer and I have some problems with the quality of my pictures. Every picture was reject because of technical problems... It would be very nice if you can help me and explain me why I have this problems. 

Thank you very much!!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

@defaultm7mfufe2xafa These images are out of focus and it appears you have applied some type of smoothing filter that is making it worse. What type of camera and lens are you using? Did you process these from RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Shooting in RAW will give you the most control over the editing process. I don't know what you mean by a "net filter", but in general no filters should be applied. They can ruin the focus, add strange color casts, and create artifacts. If you don't already use Lightroom, subscribe and start learning it right away. Had you shot in RAW, and edited in LR, assuming they were in focus straight out of the camera, it's possible that each of these would have been a "keeper".

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultm7mfufe2xafa These images are out of focus and it appears you have applied some type of smoothing filter that is making it worse. What type of camera and lens are you using? Did you process these from RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Canon EOS 1200d and not the RAW format. 

Ok so you think I don't have to apply a smoothing filter but more a net filter (or something like that) ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shooting in RAW will give you the most control over the editing process. I don't know what you mean by a "net filter", but in general no filters should be applied. They can ruin the focus, add strange color casts, and create artifacts. If you don't already use Lightroom, subscribe and start learning it right away. Had you shot in RAW, and edited in LR, assuming they were in focus straight out of the camera, it's possible that each of these would have been a "keeper".

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm allready using LR to edite my image. But I don't know how I can modify my image for a better result on it (on this exemple). 

Thanks for you time. That help me a lot to know why my picture is rejected. I will shot in RAW now and try to fixe all the problem without any filters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Jill_C and you need to learn RAW procesing with Lightroom! There are some great tutorials online to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but these images are completely sharp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

saumhuhn, I'm not sure why you added your comment about sharpness after all these months, but it may be that you aren't judging as a world class commercial photography library is judging. Every shot must be exceptional, and technically perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you simply quickly observe a small version of these images you might cnoclude that they're in focus; but zoom in to 100% or greater and the very soft focus becomes immediately obvious. You should also review images on a large computer display monitor, not a mobile phone or tablet. These images would probably be adequate for social media posts, but definitely not suitable for commercial applications. That is why Adobe Moderators are trained to zoom in, and why all of the Community members here always advise to do so as well. In fact, I do that to all of my images before even considering applying other edits and submitting to Adobe Stock.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@saumhuhn,

Look at the images at 100% to appreciate the sharpness. You will see that details have been washed out. They are at best usable for a small picture print. That is, however, not the ambition of the stock quality requirements.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines