Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Rejected for Aesthetic or Comm. App. reasons

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new here and I would like to understand the reason why my picture was rejected. It is untreated, high resolution. I thought I would give it a chance because it looks somehow like oil painting. What could I do better?

BigSurBriram.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it personally looks great, however I have had some of mine rejected as well.  At first I was adding effects and changing the lighting myself, then realized that if I were to use an Adobe Stock photo, I would want to manipulate it myself. That was why some of mine where coming back as rejected.

So I submitted more without any effects and they were accepted.  You state it is "untreated", so you already have that part down. As to why yours was rejected, I am not sure, I personally think it looks great!  I have had more rejected than accepted and I just started doing this as well, just to see.  Here is one of mine that was accepted.  If you look, I do not think that mine is much different than yours as far as a "natural" looking photo as a "natural" looking photo. UpInTheSky-SMALL.jpg

Here is a similar one that was rejected:

Moutains-stream-Clouds-SMALL.jpg

So I have the same question as to why some of them are getting rejected with them being "raw" photographs, but still have clarity and great colors for someone to work with.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photographs are wonderful. Something one might see in a good gallery. But that is part of the problem. The work I sent in was a finished work of art. It was good as it was. It stood alone as a FINISHED piece of art. I think it is a compliment but not for stock. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing with being a designer, we want to make the images as cool as we can and have people like them "as is", but I have used stock photos and I manipulate almost all of them....  My guess is this - They may actually pull the photos into a design program and see what they can all change as far as colors, black & white, etc. and if it still looks good after adding effects they accept it? All I know is the 2 images above were taken with the same camera, same settings, same flight even and one was accepted and one rejected,  So, I am just doing more and once enough get accepted, I'll hopefully have it figured out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very sound thinking and deductions. I am doing the same and I too am an all

media artist/illustrator-author.

<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack

<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailtrack-for-gmail-inbox/ndnaehgpjlnokgebbaldlmgkapkpjkkb?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality>

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 10:02 AM, jsjdesigns <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines