• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected for technical reason. Need help to narrow down the issue.

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me to improve this photo.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably #1 is what you choose to focus on and how you select depth of field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Varun5C87 , there are a few basic things you need to know about wildlife photography. Concentrate on the eyes. They must be sharp and distict. Your overall subject should be sharp. Leave some space in your photo on the side where your subject is looking. Your subject should be looking or moving into the photo. Try not to crop off your subject. Get rid of distracting backgrounds that have nothing to do with your subject. .

In the following example, I increased the photo size in Photoshop. In Lightroom I cropped the photo, retouched the eyes, decreased the highlights, brightened the shadows and did some sharpening. I also blackened the background.

1-Edit.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Varun5C87 ,

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1626547618053.png

The photo is out of focus hence not sharp. It is nosy, both color and luminance. Also the white balance need adjusting. It is a slightly blue.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1626547850290.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Varun5C87

As @RALPH_L gave you some very good tips to follow already, I will only add that Stock customers expect perfect visual and technical quality which can be challenging with animal shots.  Use a tripod and be patient.  I know a photographer who spent the better part of an entire day getting the perfect orangutan photo which turned out amazing.  And he still had to do some post-editing in Lightroom.

See these links:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines