• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Rejected - Out of Focus

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently submitted a photo to Adobe Stock only to be rejected because it was "out of focus". I think while it may be a bit soft this is because it was a 30-second exposure of a living thing. Is there any way to dispute this decision? I have attached the image below.

IMG_5988.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

WOW! I love this photo. How about you try something and just sharpen it a bit in Camera Raw and send it back in using a powerful title and cutting out all words that do not indicate this thriller of a photo. Snakes, everyone feels terror at this close range. I think this is a seller if you can get it on Adobe Stock.  Marketing words you select can make a difference. Best regards, let us know how this comes out. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The photo is rather soft hence rejected for 'out of focus'. This could be due to the lens, or did you use a wide aperture?

I guess you used a tripod or some solid surface, because a 30 sec exposure is way too long for a handheld shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall correctly it was about f/22 800 iso on a 100mm macro. In retrospect I should have gone for/6.3 or the like but what can you do. This was in a very dark environment and the snake was essentially motionless. Also I just checked and it was 17 seconds. Is it really that out of focus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reviewers seem to feel it is. Anyway, as you said yourself, it is a bit soft! So, perhaps 'soft', rather than out of focus - or just not sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW! I love this photo. How about you try something and just sharpen it a bit in Camera Raw and send it back in using a powerful title and cutting out all words that do not indicate this thriller of a photo. Snakes, everyone feels terror at this close range. I think this is a seller if you can get it on Adobe Stock.  Marketing words you select can make a difference. Best regards, let us know how this comes out. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the advice! I went ahead and did the sharpening, however, is it 1. ok by adobe stock rules to resubmit rejected photos? and 2. what are some words you recommend, should it be more descriptive like "snake" and "green", or vague like "danger" and "scary"? or maybe a combo of both? Thank you!!!IMG_5988.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture looks good and I love the colors. Yes, I have resubmitted some of my work three or more times. Finally, I know what they do not like by the end of this string of resubmissions and they have often accepted the final offering. Yes, re-submit. For title and selected words try something like " Closeup Bright Green Fat Viper! Scary, snake, coiled, closeup, scales, watching, Macro,  - Do not disturb -typed in as the additional last word. Think about advertising words. Good luck with this one. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I think the sharpening has improved the image! Maybe that was all that was needed. So, I think it should be ok this time. One can always try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines