• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos rejected: Technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently all my pictures have been rejected due to image quality/technical issues, but I don't personally see the issue. of anything, I think my images have gotten better... Anyone else have any tips or critiques? These 3 are some examples.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drewo,

These are just my opinion, I don't have any special insight.

Butterfy.jpg:  Has a lot noise and appears to not have sharp focus.

2 flower jpg: These are better but still have a fair amount of noise that becomes obvious when zoomed to 1:1

Tip:

Always check you images at 1:1 and not just the subject.  Noise is often most apparent in the low detailed out of focus backgrounds.

Best of luck,

George Schmiesing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with George - there is a lot of noise on the images

Noise removal software will fix it - and show up any areas of soft focus

Otherwise, keeping your light levels up will help and your shots will emerge with the clarity that they deserve

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Drewo,

Please zoom your files to between 100 and 200%. You will see that the edges of the flowers are not well defined and there is also halo around them.

While I do not see a halo around the butterfly, it edges are also not well defined. in addition there appears to be an out of focus grass leaf that runs across the  wings.

In addition to the technical issue above all your files are showing excessive noise/grain - both color and luminance.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Did you take these images with a smartphone? They tend to have noise issues when zoomed in closely/enlarged. For stock photos, images may be enlarged a lot, so the image needs to be clean.

Composition could be an issue as well. The background is rather messy - the butterfly is lost in the grass for example.

The WOW factor is often mentioned in the Adobe Stock guide for succeeding in Adobe Stock. Your photos lack the WOW factor. They are not outstanding. This subject material is very. very common, so it needs to be something special to succeed.

Have a look at these guides:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines