• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photos with poor lightning on purpose always rejected?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I´m new here and I wonder if pictures like this (in a very cloudy day, or when it´s almost night) that I think it is logical that they are dark or have poor lighting, are always going to be rejected.

I find it strange because in that way there is a style of photography that can not be done.

I mean sometimes is dark on purpose so, maybe its allowed but my photo is equally wrong and that's why it´s rejected

What do you think, my picture is wrong this way or it´s ok but this kind of pictures are not allowed?

Here I show 2 pictures that I know have poor light but it´s intentional

Thank you!!

canal.jpgpez.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

What was the reason given - exposure problems? Even though it may be intentional it is still a bit too dark. Also bare in mind it is for commercial purposes, so how useful could this be? Stock photography has a specific style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the reason given - exposure problems? Even though it may be intentional it is still a bit too dark. Also bare in mind it is for commercial purposes, so how useful could this be? Stock photography has a specific style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exposure problems. I will try to take more commercial photos, maybe this kind of pictures can be used for editorial.. but I haven´t read or investigate much about that way yet.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I don't care for the cloudy shot at all, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fish shot. If you put silhouette as one of the key words, it might help it be accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ooh thank you! i`ll try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing in focus in the fish shot.  I wouldn't resubmit that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sjlocke215  wrote

There's nothing in focus in the fish shot. 

The front of the fish is in focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it isn't.  Part of the issue is shooting it at 240mm with a 1/320 shutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps on the first one, If you had the trunk of the tree on one side instead of the branches just floating in mid air it would be more appealing. That way the branches would frame the shot instead of seeming to block it. Adding the right keywords is helpful too. Like silhouette, shadow, twilight, monochrome...

I like the idea behind the fish shot, but there is something about it that just isn't working. Play with subtle reflected light (if you can) to catch some depth/detail in the face/eye. Or fill the shot more with the fish? and yes, focus is very important.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines