• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture rejected due to exposure problems

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned in a picture from an older photograph.  I used Photoshop CS6 to edit the picture a little bit.  The intent of this picture is to have the foreground be dark and the face of Half Dome be illuminated.  What can I do to improve this picture and not overdo it so it will be rejected again?

HalfDome004.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Hi,

I think there are more problems in the picture than just exposure. The whole picture has a lot of noise and nothing is really sharp. In the sky you can also see dust lint, which should always be retouched.

If I understand correctly, you have scanned in another photographer's photo. Here you have to pay attention:

"You're the originator of the photo (or the originator has been deceased for more than 70 years)"

The picture has so many image errors that I don't think you can correct them with an i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my view, this image is not worth working on further. The sky is blown out, the foreground is too dark with no detail. There is nothing interesting. It is not a good image for publication. It appears soft to me Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input.  I am always trying to improve on my photography. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you Taking it positive. i suggest joining up wit Flickr and with Photographic Society of America as a way to have fun and learn further. All the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think there are more problems in the picture than just exposure. The whole picture has a lot of noise and nothing is really sharp. In the sky you can also see dust lint, which should always be retouched.

If I understand correctly, you have scanned in another photographer's photo. Here you have to pay attention:

"You're the originator of the photo (or the originator has been deceased for more than 70 years)"

The picture has so many image errors that I don't think you can correct them with an image processing so that it will be accepted.

You need a better processing basis, the scan has to be qualitatively much better.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I scanned in my photo I took years ago with a film camera. It is not the best scanner and any dust particles are scanned with it.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines