Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placeholder and license for templates contributors

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

After reading Submission Requirements for contributors Templates, I also tried to download a free template from the Adobe Indesign homepage to see how it is structuredand, I noticed that the photos I see in the jpg preview do not appear in the layout, so my question is:

to create templates by inserting "placeholder only" images with standard license for the jpg preview (if I decide to choose them from adobe stock without having any personal ones) as described in the guidelines, I have to pay a stock subscription beyond my subscription to the annual creative cloud or could I only use previews as a placeholder for graphic templates and mockups?

Do some “free” templates that I only downloaded some time ago (but never used) have some extended licenses and others standard licenses? What does the standard or extended license mean for free resources?

Thanks

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

The templates you downloaded - are they actually listed in Adobe Stock? Or are they downloaded outside Stock? If they aren't in Stock its rules don't apply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Yes, you're right, I read that it's not easy to become a template contributor,
there is a strict selection, you must fill out a form with a request, submit a portfolio and maybe .... if Adobe believes that you are suitable and if you have respected all the guidelines to perfection by sending your own template, perhaps.... you can have a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The templates you downloaded - are they actually listed in Adobe Stock? Or are they downloaded outside Stock? If they aren't in Stock its rules don't apply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply but it is not clear to me, sorry
The models were the free ones that Indesign proposes when I create a new document
but of course the free models are also available in other Creative Cloud applications. Before they were present in my library on the cloud then I deleted them because I don't use and I dont need them, I only opened them to study how they should be prepared in case I want to be a contributor for models.

However I have not yet figured out if I can use stock image previews "only as a placeholder and only for the jpg preview of the model package or if I still have to purchase a subscription to Stock also be a template contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if they are not part of Adobe Stock, you cannot use them as instructions, or models, or examples of how to make things with Adobe Stock. You seem to be trying to apply Adobe Stock licenses to downloads you make outside Adobe Stock.... So ignore any templates you might have, perhaps buy a couple from Stock, and use the Stock guidelines. Remember you have to be approved to upload templates to Stock, and this does require a full and detailed understanding of the guidelines. Looking at actual Stock examples may help you decypher the guidelines, there's nothing you can tell about Stock from other templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for the clarification you have been very kind.
I finally understood that you still need to purchase a subscription for any use. Now it's clear.
However, I repeat, I am not attempting to use any licenses
as I have already tried to explain, neither inside nor outside of Stock.
And when I decide to send my models to be sold in stock to try to become a collaborator, I will do them completely from scratch without using stock models, I don't need them, for many years I am a graphic designer and illustrator, I think I am able to do it myself. Surely I will scrupulously follow all the guidelines for collaborator model.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think you are trying to use a license, because getting a stock image to look closely at how it works needs a license. Yes, you aren't publishing or sharing it. It's hard to produce something to sell in a market you do not know... This is about learning Adobe's detailed rules, unique to this particular service, and using any tools available if the guidelines not adequate. 

There do not seem to be many template contributors active in this forum, but if there are, I would love to hear more from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you're right, I read that it's not easy to become a template contributor,
there is a strict selection, you must fill out a form with a request, submit a portfolio and maybe .... if Adobe believes that you are suitable and if you have respected all the guidelines to perfection by sending your own template, perhaps.... you can have a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines