• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help Me... Adobe Rejected My Original Photo with No Certain Reasons!

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone!

I'm COMPLETELY new to these photo-stocking environment & having a serious issue.
Here, I have a photograph that is the best for representing Autumn Season to upload.
It is my original, sweet big photo that I never sold before.
(I believe it's the most suitable material to photo-stock! )
But somehow, ADOBE Rejected this & told me that it has some "Technical Issues".
(Although they didn't tell me exactly what it was)

As you can see me, I'm blind & useless about problems that I have.

So PLEASE HELP me to spot the problem!
(I'm totally having no idea here...)AMB.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

I see a lot of focus problems.  Ask yourself, "would I buy this image for a million dollar ad campaign?"

A search for "autumn" revealed 8.7 million results.  What you submit to Stock must be technically perfect plus visually compelling enough to stand out from all the rest.  

See Reasons for Rejection below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Good luck with your n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

In addition to the focus issues Nancy correctly pointed out, the white balance appears to be unnaturally warm. I do appreciate your enthusiasm but unfortunately, the moderators were correct in refusing the file.

I wish you the best of luck with your future uploads,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a lot of focus problems.  Ask yourself, "would I buy this image for a million dollar ad campaign?"

A search for "autumn" revealed 8.7 million results.  What you submit to Stock must be technically perfect plus visually compelling enough to stand out from all the rest.  

See Reasons for Rejection below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Good luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Ms.Nancy O'Shea
Thank you for replying!

The technical concept for this photo was "Draw abstruct like picture using bokeh & focal depth".
Some blur that you've recognized was not a mistake. It was meant to be there.
(Although the bokeh area was too much randomly spreaded & it makes difficult to see the concept)

But I see what you mean. I guess this picture was too much "Main-streamed".
My understandings to "Similar File Already Submitted" part was "the system uses AI to distinguish whether uploaded image was original or not".

But reality was "Adobe only accept Blue Ocean pictures (that has some brandnew specialities!)". Seems like I didn't quite unsterstand what Adobe Stock was really made for.

I'll looking for different client to this picture, and much better Piece for Adobe Stock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the focus issues Nancy correctly pointed out, the white balance appears to be unnaturally warm. I do appreciate your enthusiasm but unfortunately, the moderators were correct in refusing the file.

I wish you the best of luck with your future uploads,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for Replying Mr.Mat Hayward!
But I actually, haven't touched its overall colour. It already turned out like this on Raw file.
All I have done was upgrading its apeture (light levels) & its image clearity.

However, your great word suggests me that "too much Artisan approach will cause some Rejection".
And that means I REALLY need to find some other "Realistic" editing way to get things going on Adobe Stock.
(Since all my other work has same characteristics!)

Many thanks! I will look more wise and get this work!

Shogo Okudoh from Ambergraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That is the great advantage of shooting in raw. You can change the parameters in post. The white balance is incorrect, even though you shot this in raw, the white balance setting may have been set wrong for the conditions. Therefore it needs to be corrected in post. In this image, it is too yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's typical Adobe.
I don't see any oof or colour issues. Which means any excuse to decline the image is purely a elitistic snobbery.

The iq is a subjective topic and for each point of view there is an opposite one.
It seems that Adobe wants you to sharpen the nuts of the image and turn up vibrance to maximum (they looooove vibrance)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, Adobe can be elitist snobs if they want. Their service, their rules. You're a supplier, to be successful it's your job to find out what they like and deliver it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elitist snobbery???? Adobe is in the business of acquiring high quality imagery to expand their inventory to offer them to a discerning customer base. Screening out substandard assets isn't "snobbery". It's a business decision. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the absolute highest quality metric, pray tell? All the images then has to have exact values in composition, sharpness, colour and contrast and present same value to exactly each and every customer...right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This conversation is from Oct 2 2020, nearly 2 years old.

There is no point in bringing up 'elitist snobbery'. It simply doesn't apply here. The question has been answered. The end.

The post will be locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines