• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me see (and perhaps fix) the grain/noise

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was sharp and expressive.  Rejected for grain/noise. What am I not seeing? And how do I fix it?  thanks!  (this selection cropped tighter to reduce size of image)

upload-crop.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Well, it may depend on who is doing the reviewing/moderating. Adobe can be fairly picky. So, for what it's worth, I think the issue could be in the background with the trees. I agree with Abambo, that it is a bit oversharpened, and just maybe too much noise reduction.

oversharp-crop.jpg

oversharp2-crop.jpg

Take note of these two examples in the background, it has a bit of a painted look. This is a sign of having too much noise reduction. So, I think they are referring to this.

Also: Artifacts can be caused by invasive post-processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seams to be a bit over sharpened to me. But it's definitely not noisy.

I see that the picture has been edited in Ps CS6. But I do not see the edits. Could you also post the original picture?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, fotogail,

Nothing wrong with this photo. Noise - tiny bit in trees to right but not worth rejection. Maybe crop the tree background out. Love the look and feel of this. I can smell the woodland trail. It is okay to resubmit this once. A new reviewer might like it as it is. Kind regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it may depend on who is doing the reviewing/moderating. Adobe can be fairly picky. So, for what it's worth, I think the issue could be in the background with the trees. I agree with Abambo, that it is a bit oversharpened, and just maybe too much noise reduction.

oversharp-crop.jpg

oversharp2-crop.jpg

Take note of these two examples in the background, it has a bit of a painted look. This is a sign of having too much noise reduction. So, I think they are referring to this.

Also: Artifacts can be caused by invasive post-processing. Always save your original file. If you get a rejection based on artifacts, compare the image you submitted with the original and assess where artifacts were introduced. 

ref: Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

So, compare your original image to the one you submitted and see if there is any difference.

If you submit this again as is, you just may have it rejected again!

Quality is also an issue with the type of camera/lens/smartphone, so this is something to consider as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ricky336  wrote

Quality is also an issue with the type of camera/lens/smartphone, so this is something to consider as well.

Even that I'm amazed with the image quality of modern smartphones (like the iPhone 8), I find it still difficult to manage the quality level that Adobe stock asks for. If there is the slightest problem (lack of light in occurrence), phone pictures degrade rapidly.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines