• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Look, I Can't Understand Why These Would Have Been Rejected

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are just four photos of the last 10 or so that Ive uploaded to Adobe Stock. This is the 2nd batch of photos Ive attempted to upload. All have been rejected for "Artifacts Problems."  I don't understand how, when there are no artifacts in the photos Ive uploaded. Have they been post processed? Absolutely! Who does not post process digital photos in a digital age?

I just dont understand what the problem is with these. If you would take a look at the following photos and give me your input that would be fantastic and much appreciated. Thank you, Jeremy

00-006.jpg

00-004.jpg

00-0010.jpg

00-002.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

The one with the crepuscular rays definitely has a number of artifact issues.

For example, in the lower-right, you can see some severe blocking (image slightly enhanced:

crepuscular blocks.png

The clouds look a bit smeary as if overly aggressive noise removal was used, but yet there's still a lot of noise in the image overall:

crepuscular smears.png

And, perhaps most damning, there is a lot of artifacting on the edge between the sky and land:

crepuscular artifacts.png

Also, it looks really blocky down there too, by the way. Those trees look like cubes.

Also, of course,

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one with the crepuscular rays definitely has a number of artifact issues.

For example, in the lower-right, you can see some severe blocking (image slightly enhanced:

crepuscular blocks.png

The clouds look a bit smeary as if overly aggressive noise removal was used, but yet there's still a lot of noise in the image overall:

crepuscular smears.png

And, perhaps most damning, there is a lot of artifacting on the edge between the sky and land:

crepuscular artifacts.png

Also, it looks really blocky down there too, by the way. Those trees look like cubes.

Also, of course, it's very overexposed where the sun is and underexposed down on the ground, but that should be expected and not a reason to reject it. All the other issues, however, are reasonable.

The butterfly is borderline overexposed.

It is also fairly noisy when viewed at 100%. If the butterfly were properly exposed, maybe the noise wouldn't be an issue, but altogether it makes the image seem to be poor quality.

butterfly noise.png

On the snake, the rocks are overexposed and the snake's face is out of focus. Neither of those are "artifacts" as there are exposure and focus issue reasons, but both of those issues would be reason for refusal.

noperope blur.png

Note how blurry his (her?) face is compared to how sharp the body is.

noperope focus.png

That's a problem. The eye on animals as well as humans should be in focus.

The flower (besides being fairly boring - there are THOUSANDS of similar compositions on Adobe Stock) is overexposed and demonstrates a lot of noise and artifacts:

boring artifacts.png

If you want to prevent this sort of issue in the future, make sure you're viewing your images at full resolution. I've not blown any of these photos up. These are just crops taken at 100% zoom.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good

Szalam! Tell me more ... how can I do to eliminate artifact problems? Is this something I can control with ISO or depends on several factors? I'm starting to take pictures and I'm lost in it. Vous posting some photos that were denied, I would love for you to analyze! I'm from Brazil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too much noise will come if your ISO is set too high. Some cameras have less noise at higher ISOs. The quality of your camera's sensor makes a big difference.

Artifacts can often come from a camera oversharpening an image. You should almost always go into your camera's settings and turn sharpening off. If that's not an option, turn it to its lowest setting.

Some artifacts can come from low quality lenses, so be aware of that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam !

According to you, will I ever manage to upload a good quality image with a Canon EFS 18-55mm lens on my Canon EOS 700D ?

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know enough about that camera/lens combo to offer any useful advice in that regard. Take pictures, view them at 100% zoom and judge the quality for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines