• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please provide your kind feedback. What do you think about this photo.

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its my first time posting on this forum.

This photo is about an attempt to show how polluted is the air in Santiago Chile. The photo could have been much better on some technical aspects, I know --it might not even be accepted-- but it does the job showing the smog layer over the city.

I would love to read your comments, before attempting to upload it.

Thankyou so much.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

It won't pass because of artefacts like this:

E17BE04E-1B12-4DDE-8448-8659A3D41B6D.jpeg

They are not correctable. These artefacts happen with small sensor cameras like in phones with the in camera postprocessing. 

(edit)

If you get an acceptance don't go back and delete except if you have a very good reason for doing so. But I doubt that the picture gets accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already uploaded it. Lets see what the review porcess has to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not enough contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're absolutely righ Sr. 
If they accept it I'll delete it and uplead a better version; and if they dont, I'll submit it again adding contrast.
Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ruben CL ,

I'm not sure about producing contrast photographing pollution. That tend to be more inclined to fogy grey. What I think you need more of is exposure, and probably white balance. Looking at the tree at the right corner, you have some harsh shadows there. I am not sure, but possibly your depth of field could be better also. However, if it is accepted I suggest you let it remain. Sometimes resubmission of what was accepted gets rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @jacquelingphoto2017 

Oh! I appreciate your comments. Very precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Ruben CL 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't pass because of artefacts like this:

E17BE04E-1B12-4DDE-8448-8659A3D41B6D.jpeg

They are not correctable. These artefacts happen with small sensor cameras like in phones with the in camera postprocessing. 

(edit)

If you get an acceptance don't go back and delete except if you have a very good reason for doing so. But I doubt that the picture gets accepted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Abambo for stopping by and commenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Abambo . Either you or the camera has done a lot of noise reduction, or you took it on a smartphone. The noise reduction has made the photo look like a painting when you zoom close up, as in Abambo's example. Detail is lacking here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @ricky336 for reviewing the photo. It was actually taken with a camera, but a semi profesional camera not a profesional one so the small sensor could be causing the problem.

Nevertheless, and it might not be relevant, I thought it could still be interesting to upload it since the photo pretends to capture the smog layer, therefore other areas of the image with technical issues could be ignored if used for environmental, educacional purposes. The smog is the main subject.. But I do believe that all of your comments (comments from @RALPH_L , @jacquelingphoto2017 , @Abambo & yours) are correct regarding the other general details and I greatly appreciate them all.

Again, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines