• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please tell me why are these photos rejected, should I use Photoshop,or change the size & technique

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20200521_180210.jpg20200507_020303.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could anyone tell me what is wrong with these photos, except the date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NinaANIN,

First I must say I like both images especially the second one. I must also add that I like the second one as is. However I believe with the amount of sunlight, the moderators would like to see a little more warmth. 

The first image has multiple issues. 

There is a red or purple cast that is visible when you look at the cut stones, especially the column. It is also visible on the leaves towards the lower left.

The colorful sun's ray is also an issue. In addition the highlights is a little too high thus fading away some details.

The overall image might also be a little cool. The leaves towards the right is not showing green.

In addition the shadowy areas of the plant could be lit a little more. To accomplish this you may need to increase exposure, then recover the highlights by adjusting the highlights, and possibly white slides; or adjusting curve accordingly.

It would appear the first image is also a little grainy. 

There seem to be a bit of blue color fringing on the left edges towards the left side of the image. I believe the lens correction tool will help to remove those fringes.

To look for flaws, always inspect you assets at between 100 and 200%.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just seen your reply. Thank you Jacqueling, a lot. 

I didn't pay attention to these details. 

Kind regards, Nina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome ninaANIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NinaANIN,

Just my thoughts, I have no special insight.

The first image's horizon isn't level and there several overexposed large spots in the water and within the leaves.  

I don't see much wrong with the second except the stones toward the bottom seem soft and washed out.

Hope this helps.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you George.

It helps. 

Best wishes, Nina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What was the rejection reason given? 

In the first image, you have a problem with lens flare, the composition is not good - the horizon isn't straight (although just a bit) and you have to think about how this image could be used commercially? What does it show?

In the second image, it doesn't really show anything.

I guess you have taken these on a smartphone as well, and smartphone images don't do so well when enlarged - you begin to see the blocks of pixels. Fine for Instagram, but not really good for commercial use.

Usually, some post-production is necessary for uploading to stock using a photo editor, and shooting in raw format is best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Ricky 336. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines