• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question regarding Adobe Stock review guideline - rejected because violating intellectual property law

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a question regarding Adobe Stock review guideline. I submitted couple street photography photos that I took in Paris. The content is about Chinese community and the covered passages in Paris. The subject that in the photos are random street people. All of my photos are rejected because "International Property Refusal".

There are a general explanation about what it means in terms of International Property Refusal, but no specific indication of how each photo violates the International's Property. Has anyone have similar experience? Do you know who can I reach to find out the detail reason of the refusal? Can you fix it (option of obtaining model release is non attainable at this point) and resubmit it ? I attach a screenshot of the photos and the explanation. Please advise. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 8.43.43 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.38.56 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.41.07 PM.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

It’s Intellectual Property... logos — I see a bunch of them in your miniature pictures, even, without seeing the full sized pictures. And Adobe is chasing logos, even if they are quite small...

There may be also from case to case different objects that trigger IP resusals: iPhones, even without logo, Coca Cola bottles, the Eifel Tower at night etc etc.

See here for more information: Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

The moderator could have, however, also refused your pictures on a miss

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s Intellectual Property... logos — I see a bunch of them in your miniature pictures, even, without seeing the full sized pictures. And Adobe is chasing logos, even if they are quite small...

There may be also from case to case different objects that trigger IP resusals: iPhones, even without logo, Coca Cola bottles, the Eifel Tower at night etc etc.

See here for more information: Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

The moderator could have, however, also refused your pictures on a missing model release. Every person to be recognized in a picture needs to sign a model release, which is for « street images » absolutely an exclusion condition.

So probably none of your pictures can be saved.

This is, btw, the best place to get information about the refusal triggers. And everyone has gone through this « learning curve » of stock photography. Just to say, other stock providers are also picky about model releases and IP. Adobe is the most critical on quality, however, wich is a good thing for customers. And even than, there are from time to time pictures with defects that customers download.

So yes, moderation is tough, but it should be that way, if you want to sell quality images that the buyer can use for any use he wants (IP refusals, model releases).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Thank you so much for your response. In regard with the model release, since all of the photos I took were using candid street photography approach, I didn't have the model release.

You mentioned in the post that « street images » is absolutely an exclusion condition, can you advise how to do so when I submit the photo? I didn't find this option when I submit the photo.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t upload images of people without a model release form here on Adobe. So street photography is no-go ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

A follow up question. Do I still need a model release if the photos are for editorial purpose if I want to submit to Adobe Stock? The guideline from Alamy Stock indicates that no model released is needed for editorial purpose. I wonder if this is the case in Adobe Stock? In addition, I didn't see the option of "editorial use" when I submit the photo to Adobe Stock, any advice or thoughts?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you do need a model release. Adobe Stock will not accept editorial submissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oleschwander,

Thank you so much for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yichentu  wrote

A follow up question. Do I still need a model release if the photos are for editorial purpose if I want to submit to Adobe Stock?

You can't submit for editorial use with Adobe Stock. Adobe Stock partners with Reuters so you would need to work for Reuters to submit your stuff to stock (and I suppose that is done automatically ...).

As for any other case you need a model release, your street photography pictures will not be accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any picture with people (faces mostly, the back is very often a lesser problem) on needs a model release. « Street photography » takes street images with all kind of people on, where you won’t get a model release. So street photography is mostly a nogo for stock. There is no workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines