• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about photos and acceptance process

New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi these are basic questions as I'm not only new to the site but also just got my first real camera 14 days ago, I went to the woods and started shooting.

I like shooting nature pictures, and I guess I'm also a bit influenced by subtle melancholic or fantasy elements.
So my questions

• At what size should I upload pictures? so far I'm doing a 6000x4000 JPEG
  • How long is the acceptance process? Ive had mine pending for 14 days
  • Do you think these pictures("1","2" and "3", not "test") would be accepted, but more interestingly for me, if you dont why not? can you give me pointers, bare in mind the pictures you see here are the first I ever shot.
  • The "test" photo I have not uploaded to Stock and is heavily editted and is me trying to tell fairytales, do you think there is a market for photos such as these?

also these pictures have been downscaled to upload here

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Welcome to the community of photographers. However there is a lot you will need to learn. 

What size image?

Usually your camera shoot at maximum size. You will however need to choose quality - maximum quality is good.

Review time:

The review process is usually within 5 day, however that has changed since COVID-19 due to restrictions imposed, hence now taking longer.

Would these photos be accepted?

So far I like the composition of all your photos, however they are extremely noisy, underexposed, and out of focus. In addition the color balance is not correct. 

Therefore the answer to your question, if I these images would be accepted, is no.

Is there a market for images like these?

Yes, once they meet the quality requirement.

First you need to download the manual for your camera and read that through thoroughly. Then you will need to research on photography. Here is a good place to start https://www.linkedin.com/learning/search?keywords=ben%20long 

After taking your photos you will need to do basic post processing. This link will give you some basic pointers to learn.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

i'm wondering about the noise..

First of all the camera is set to best settings I suppose it can be. I edit my picture in RAW
and make a JPEG from in lightroom.

So far I've just used some basic lightroom presets, contrast a bit, etc.
but I'm wondering specifically about the noise, whats that about?
sigma 18-300mm f3.5-6.3 dc macro os hsm
canon 250d

this is my gear, where does the noise come from., even when I cancle out all presets  in lightroom its there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking about it, I guess cause its new to me, the blame might be on the fully autosettings option on the camera.
I'm not that good on the spot still to change my exposure and stuff so I let the camera choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You are correct about the fully auto. The camera sometimes do not adjust correctly, or fast enough. The only thing I have auto set on my camera is focus, and even that it sometimes gives bad results. Because I understand what to look for I am able to ID before taking the shot the outcome. Even though my settings is almost totally manual, I still take multiple shots a subject. 

It is best using manual setting for your exposure. Once you understand at what point you get the best results you get less color, and chromatic faults. I suggest you go through the manual so that you become familiar with the critical settings of your camera and also go through the courses on Linkedin.

How to identify Noise

It is basically small grain-like spots, or blotches more visible in dark areas of your images. If you look very carefully you can identify them in clear areas such as sky, but easier to see in dark area. Your colors should be smooth. There is also color noise that is multicolor dots or spots that should not be their (For example blue, purple, and yellow spots or dot in a black area). They are sometimes called artifacts. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this better?

Sheep.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

Sorry, but I do not think this image can be corrected to satisfy the moderators. The forefront is too blued. You will get an out of focus result for that. You need to take your photos with enough depth of field so as to have the forefront within focus. Background blur is ok, not forefront.

It is also still very grainy in the blurred grassy area, and still a little under exposed. You need to use the noise adjustment slider in Camera Raw to manually reduce the noise and increase exposure. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines