• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Technical" issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I've had quite a few images rejected for technical issues.  I don't buy it since these have all been accepted at other more stringent libraries.  Just for fun, I'd be interested to know what the reviewer think they saw.  Any ideas?266 Tree shadows.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that the image I uploaded (4928 x 3254 pixels) matches my color calibrated screen in photoshop at small size.  However when I click the + magnifier, the image stays small, but the saturation goes way up.  Since Adobe can't handle Adobe RGB images, I converted this to sRGB, so that shouldn't be the problem.  Makes one wonder what the reviewers see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two other rejected images with different subjects.274 CN reflection 1.jpg274 Syringes 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soy contribuidora! no comprador! o decir vendo no compro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.  That's very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it by the lack of helpful responses no one else can figure it out either.  I'll try re-submitting.  Maybe a reviewer was having a bad day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the reviewer could see a few issues here. For example, composition and colour temperature. The shadow of the tree trunk? is cutting the picture in two and is distracting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll agree to disagree.  The composition is exactly what I intended and would do well even in a photoclub competition.  But that's not what we're doing here.  It has also sold many times at other agents.  It is shadows on a painted truck but also looks like a lake at sunset through the trees.  Color temperature is perfect.  I have no problem getting my images rejected since I'm mostly an editorial shooter and so more than half my portfolio does not now fit AS.  But not for technical reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines