Copied

20170710_203216.jpg20170710_203239.jpg20170710_205335.jpg20170711_170007.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

From a technical view :

The sky's have blown out in the 1st , 2nd and fourth images. At the same time the fourth could do with some exposure lift in the foreground.

The first and second have some heavy sharpening halos halos around the birds and top grass.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave. Can I do something whis this programmatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to recover the blown out skies if you go back to the original files (hopefully RAW files*) and process them in camera raw.

When sharpening - view at 100% and do not over-sharpen.

For me, the best image is the third and I would lighten the foreground a little with a curves adjustment and graduated mask (something like below)

* If you currently don't shoot raw , I would strongly recommend that you start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

z0mb13k  wrote

Thank you, Dave. Can I do something whis this programmatically?

Of course. Start with the raw files and address as much as you can in Lightroom or Camera Raw.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shoot it on galaxy s7 edge☺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can shoot in raw on the S7 and S7 edge and open the raw files in Lightroom or Photoshop Camera Raw.

I have an S7 and the standard jpegs straight out of the camera are horribly oversharpened. OK for posting photo's of a night out on facebook but not for stock.

The raw images can be made to look quite good. They are never going to match a full frame SLR with a top lens but, given the right pictures, they can be useable.

You can also take a look at the Lightroom mobile app - although personally I adjust my images on a proper (calibrated and profiled) computer monitor using Lightroom and Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can take photos in RAW with the Lightroom app on some phones. I don't know about which (if any) Android phones it works with, but it certainly works on my iPhone 7+! If you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you have access to the Lightroom mobile app. I highly suggest trying it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam

Yes, the Lightroom Mobile app works with the S7s, although those phone cameras will shoot RAW even without it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Lightroom app also work with  The LG G5 - as this smartphone also does DNG - tried it out this weekend, and not too bad. Also the standard jpeg on the LG G5 are also oversharpened, so not really any good for here, but the DNG could be ok. Haven't tried submitting any of those pics yet. However, you do need to be signed in with your Adobe account to use the Lightoom app, but, you don't need to have a CC account, but then you can't sync your pics. (Better to edit on the computer, than mobile though)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines