Raw conversion to jpeg dpi setting

Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently taking all my photos in RAW then editing and converting to Jpg for submission to Adobe. I looked through some forums and found most people suggesting 300 dpi for conversion output setting, but my scanner has a 600dpi option so for this format do I want to go with a higher dpi setting? All of the posts I've found were mainly talking about converting the photos for printing, but as these will be submissions for Adobe Stock then manipulated later by potential customers do I want to go higher than 300 dpi? I want the submissions to be the best they can be and have always been a fan of overkill. Is there a suggested dpi from Adobe that i haven't found yet? Do i want to go higher than 300 dpi if it's an available option? And if so, what would be an good setting? Thank you for your time. Have a good day.

TOPICS
Asset Quality, Download, General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Raw conversion to jpeg dpi setting

Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently taking all my photos in RAW then editing and converting to Jpg for submission to Adobe. I looked through some forums and found most people suggesting 300 dpi for conversion output setting, but my scanner has a 600dpi option so for this format do I want to go with a higher dpi setting? All of the posts I've found were mainly talking about converting the photos for printing, but as these will be submissions for Adobe Stock then manipulated later by potential customers do I want to go higher than 300 dpi? I want the submissions to be the best they can be and have always been a fan of overkill. Is there a suggested dpi from Adobe that i haven't found yet? Do i want to go higher than 300 dpi if it's an available option? And if so, what would be an good setting? Thank you for your time. Have a good day.

TOPICS
Asset Quality, Download, General

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 30, 2020 0
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe don't suggest ppi (dpi) because ppi is abspolutely irrelevant to stock photos. The number of pixels is what matters. The minimum is 4 megapixels, but do not reduce what the camera produces. Nor increase.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

300 DPI is fine.

-Mat 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0