• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reflections

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm not a professional but I'm confused as to why 2 images were rejected for being out of focus when the object was to show a reflection on water.

The 3rd image again shows a reflection on water of the clouds above but with a leaf floating - this image was rejected for a grain/noise problem.  Where?

I'm fine with being rejected but sometimes it seems that the pictures are not considered in the full context of the image be put across.  Can anyone here enlighten me please?  I can only learn from constructive feedback.  Thanks

22Q6Jm3

FVQTez

25wbZjL

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Hi Alan,

Firstly, you should submit in colour. B&W photos will most likely get rejected.

If you want to take reflection photos, you should show what is being reflected. So, here, you should show the tree. The viewer then would have more to go on. In this case, just showing the tree reflection without any reference point, one could take it that the photo is not in focus.

Perhaps the reviewer was thinking of this:

Tree+Reflection.jpg

and this in your B&W photo:

untitled.png

You do have some noise in the leaf photo. Take note of the wa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could post the pictures here rather than a link. It makes it easier to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ricky336 - I didn't want to play the first time I tried hence the links.  Working now.

Looking down to see above.jpg

Tree Reflection.jpg

Floating.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no matter what the reason for rejection or why things are burred,  why would a customer want to buy confusing photos? If your plan was to show reflections, without the original object above, you have done this. Not much call for this. Yes, there is noise in the leaf photo. However, there are so many better photos depicting reflections as a buyer I would not mess around with these. It is not worth trying to justify your intent as a photographer to say reflections are blurry. One needs the object being reflected to see that clearly. Search Adobe stock tree and water reflections and see why these simply do not qualify to offer for sale. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for constructive critism for reasons why the reflection was considered to be out of focus not your opinion as to whether they are sellable or confusing to a customer. 

Enjoy your time on your pedestal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opinions were not meant to make you feel insulted, both of us spotted the same reasons for rejection. Just thought you would want to know. Wishing you well and more excellent photos. New but capable you are. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Firstly, you should submit in colour. B&W photos will most likely get rejected.

If you want to take reflection photos, you should show what is being reflected. So, here, you should show the tree. The viewer then would have more to go on. In this case, just showing the tree reflection without any reference point, one could take it that the photo is not in focus.

Perhaps the reviewer was thinking of this:

Tree+Reflection.jpg

and this in your B&W photo:

untitled.png

You do have some noise in the leaf photo. Take note of the water for example - it looks a bit grainy:

untitled2.png

This were viewed at 100%. Always review your own images at 100%.

Something to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ricky336,

Point taken about the mono shot.  I didn't like the colour version in that shot.  I'll wait till I get as good as Ansel Adams before doing it again (Could take a while! 🙂 )

I get the absence of the original object not being present but in my mind it was meant to challenge the viewer to visualise the original.  Thats OK, I'll not upload anything as challenging in future although it is annoying that it is just passed as being 'out of focus' without understanding the image a little more.

I can see the grain in the leaf image now on my laptop.  Having issues with a monitor that I thought was cured so may have to splash out on a new one, It just looked like it was just dirty canal water.

Thanks for the pointers and explanations.  Lessons learnt, onwards and upwards!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan,

I know the artistic thing you were trying to accomplish - I do that when I exhibit my illustrations but I learned that here it is considered a finished art piece and not what stock buyers want. They want art they will incorporate or change or use to add to something they are composing. I have used reflections to make colorful abstract art but not for sale here, in a gallery or exhibit. Experiment with these in Photoshop if you have it. Best. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t see it’s a reflection. Thats a srious problem. It looks like an image turned upside down, and what’s the pupose of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m afraid that the serious problem is that you didn’t read the original post and the question that was asked!

I asked why it was construed to be out of focus.  I have no real interest in how the image is translated or its purpose at this point. That is a matter of personal interpretation and I have taken the comments made above on board for future reference.

I have been given an answer I am happy with and do not require further comment at this time. Your effort, albeit misguided is appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could be of some help Alan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines