Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reject for Technical Issues

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

I don't know why my photo was reject. It's a very nice picture, with good colors and good luminosity.

Is anyone can help me on this?

Can you indicate an good open or free software to adjust the pictures? I'm just starting on this business.

IMG_20180914_121153681_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Your white balance is wrong. White balance is the colour temperature of the picture. Here your picture is too warm/yellow. You have to reduce the yellow cast and increase the blue. This can be done in a photo editing software under colour temperature.

For example:

IMG_20180914_121153681_HDR-EFFECTSwhitebalance.jpg

Exposure also can be altered a bit and do crop out the brick wall as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello anderfesouza,

Yes, this is a good photo of the two turtles but their colors look washed out. See the brick in the back, that is how rich the colors on the subjects should be. Technical includes exposure problems so  - enrich the subject color. Maybe crop out the bricks too. I can not suggest a free or open photo repair software but some quick fix-it software comes with several of the search engines Yahoo, Google-  Windows etc. - have added photo fix elements. Adobe Photoshop has everything I need so I hope you can own it especially if you are selling on Adobe Stock. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should work the turtles. Especially the head of the right turtle is blown out.

It would help the picture also to see less the brick wall.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your white balance is wrong. White balance is the colour temperature of the picture. Here your picture is too warm/yellow. You have to reduce the yellow cast and increase the blue. This can be done in a photo editing software under colour temperature.

For example:

IMG_20180914_121153681_HDR-EFFECTSwhitebalance.jpg

Exposure also can be altered a bit and do crop out the brick wall as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely crop and reduce the highlights. The shells are overexposed, and the brick wall is a distraction from the main subjects. Just a few quick edits in Lightroom would make this much more acceptable. In general, you're probably not going to get many images accepted unless you learn some basic editing skills. There are many Photoshop and Lightroom training resources available. I use Creative Live since they have many free and discounted courses.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JC926  wrote

I use Creative Live since they have many free and discounted courses.

Nice! Looks great. I use lynda.com (which is still lynda.com but the courses are also on linkedin learning, as linkedin bought lynda).

and not to forget the free resources on youtube. Youtube is mitigated, because you get what you pay for... You need to select yourself the scrap from the real valuable channels.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines