• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected because out of focus, but doesn't seem out of focus to me

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the attached image rejected because "it's not completely sharp and in-focus when viewed at 100%."  This is an image of breadfruit (a tropical tree fruit).  The front fruit is in focus, which I had intended, with the two other fruits slightly out of focus (intentionally) because of the depth of field (shot at 2.8).  I really like this shot, partially because of the focusing, so I'm not sure why it was rejected.  Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks.Breadfruit.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The areas where it is not focused seems a bit large.  This is just a guess but I think they lean to quantitative evaluations.  For me personally on the qualitative side I think the focus/no focus in this image is visually confusing and I keep thinking an out of focus fruit might just be badly focused.  The leaves are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so why would someone want to buy an image of breadfruit which is half in and half out of focus? The only reason I can think of is that they'd want to use the out of focus part as negative space for, say, text. However, this image doesn't give them enough visual contrast to overlay anything on. In other words, the fact that you have some breadfruit out of focus doesn't do anything to make this a commercially viable image of breadfruit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines