• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected because 'Out of Focus'

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have these people either never heard of or understand 'shallow depth of field'? Shooting a subject at f2.8 the subject is tack-sharp but of course the background has soft focus and bokeh and so seems to get 'rejected'.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

you absolutely have to upload a full size image if you are going to voice a complaint about an image being rejected for focus.

When I started with stock nearly three years ago, focus was my main rejection. I was getting steamed up because I didn't believe the reviewers. Once I believed them, my photography improved considerably. I can't remember the last time I had an image rejected for focus now. That's simply because I've learned a) to focus better when I'm out and about and b) to see an out o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. It is frustrating how many really good pictures are rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gerald,

can you give me an example pls.

That helps me understand why the image got rejected. Maybe we find an solution.

Best

Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gerald,

in the box you write your messages in, there is a button for inserting images or you can tell me the file ID.

Best Stephanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you absolutely have to upload a full size image if you are going to voice a complaint about an image being rejected for focus.

When I started with stock nearly three years ago, focus was my main rejection. I was getting steamed up because I didn't believe the reviewers. Once I believed them, my photography improved considerably. I can't remember the last time I had an image rejected for focus now. That's simply because I've learned a) to focus better when I'm out and about and b) to see an out of focus image when I'm deciding what to submit and what to bin.

something tells me the reviewer may be right as they usually are from my experience of four different stock sites. But, occasionally they're not. Post it here and let's have a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines