• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected by the reason for Lack of Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal :(

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uploaded 15 images and all are rejected by the same reason "Lack of Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal" I can't understand, please help. Here are the few images..

DSC_2411.jpg

DSC_2400.jpg

DSC_2370.jpg

DSC_2362.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Adobe Stock Contributors​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a LOT of flower images on Adobe Stock. And I mean a lot. You have to have something spectacular to stand out and get accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  Try not shooting flowers (which everyone can shoot) and you'll have more success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the story of your photo? They're flowers with blurred backgrounds. Try shooting them in vases, in people's hands, from different angles, with bugs or bees or butterflies. Anything to have them stand out amongst millions of flower photos on adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These pictures are beautiful and I don't care if there are hundreds of photos about flowers. People decide if they want to buy these photos or not, the people reviewing these photos should only check if there is any inappropriate content, I didn't know that to sell on Adobe Stock you need to pass a test of "Aesthetic and Commercial Appeal".

I had the same situation and I was absolutely aware that my photos wasn't at the same level of others but still people have to start somewhere, thanks to Adobe Stock I will just move on to another platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, Yes, your photos are beautiful. I enjoy them all. However, what the rejection stated, "Lack of Aesthetic or Commercial Appeal " does say the same as -  these photos would not appeal to th...Now, the second reason is that most customers do not have the time to search through 90 million stock photos to find just the right flower. Something in your offering must stand out and help customers identify what they want to buy. Titles and descriptive listing of words help. Did you look at Adobe Stock by using the title of your picture to search? The AD agencies know how to use words to attract attention.

Think of Adobe as your customer. Get to know what they are accepting, what trends are and how you can make your work stand out.

With the abundance of great inexpensive cameras available the non-professional can take very good photographs - the competition is a thousand times greater than it was five years ago. If you can make your customer want your work, you do need to create exciting, beautiful and unique work with powerful attractive words. My blue butterfly got accepted when I labeled it - Brilliant Iridescent Huge Blue Butterfly. There are at least 30 pages of blue butterflies in Adobe Stock. I also put an exceptional glowing golden background in the photo.

I must tell you to do more research, learn the market and read Adobe guidelines to know what they want. It is not an insult to get rejected. The market is very tough. Don't give up. Regards, JH

Please have a look at the explanation of the reason for the refusal "Aesthetic or commercial appeal" here in the User Guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines