• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected due to Technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious what the issues were so I could correct them or try again if anyone can help thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

I am not sure what you mean by that but the maximum file size is 45 MB. I think you are saying that your image resolution is 10 MP, which exceeds the minimum image resolution requirements of 4 MP. So you are good there. Technically-speaking, I don’t think these images fit the quality standards as they are not appropriately lit or exposed. You need proper highlights, catch, or fill light on your subjects. The plants and flowers are not seen in their glory. Think of them as people… don’t you want

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hello @Aracoth , most of your photos have exposure issues which remove details. Some of the photos have portions of objects which need to be removed.

Here I corrected the angle. Lightened the photo. Reduced the noise. Added some sharpness. Removed some spots.

Aracoth_0-1623083322132.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aracoth You haven't posted any images for us to evaluate yet. Can you please show us the images that were rejected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evidently not, the exceed the 10MB file size limit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what you mean by that but the maximum file size is 45 MB. I think you are saying that your image resolution is 10 MP, which exceeds the minimum image resolution requirements of 4 MP. So you are good there. Technically-speaking, I don’t think these images fit the quality standards as they are not appropriately lit or exposed. You need proper highlights, catch, or fill light on your subjects. The plants and flowers are not seen in their glory. Think of them as people… don’t you want them to look as wonderful as possible in your photography? Or, if you are deliberately aiming to depict them as depressed, tattered, or forlorn, at least show some other glimmer of hope in the frame as an inspiration. Most people who license Adobe stock images are not looking for editorial (news) images but for visual concepts or patterns. I hope that is helpful! Keep shooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time it is much appreciated! I understand the part about allowing more light onto the subject although I do prefer the more gloomy look so I will consider that next time I take photos! As for quality control I am still a little unsure about how I may do it differently but I will try your first suggestion and see if there is a change! 😄

If you have any more specific details on quality of the photographs I value your opinion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome and I’m glad I could be of help. There are so many elements that go into image quality that the only way to master them all is to learn through classes, workshops, tutorials, and practice. Once you have a command of the technical basics (exposure, lighting, focus, lenses, and so on) then for stock photography I suggest concentrating on subject matter and composition. Remember, art appreciation is subjective and what one person likes another can’t stand. But in terms of selling stock images, you have to understand that millions and millions of fantastic images are available already! How do yours measure up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 Mb is great for a quality JPEG picture to upload here.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aracoth_0-1623083322132.png

Here are some screen captures of my images.

Aracoth_1-1623083366749.pngAracoth_2-1623083393720.pngAracoth_3-1623083412272.png

the colours are by design 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Aracoth , most of your photos have exposure issues which remove details. Some of the photos have portions of objects which need to be removed.

Here I corrected the angle. Lightened the photo. Reduced the noise. Added some sharpness. Removed some spots.

Aracoth_0-1623083322132.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually really like that, job well done Ralph. I shall use this as a reference point if I may for future processing thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the colours are by design 🙂

By @Aracoth

If you provide natural colours, you will have a higher acceptance rate. Colours can always be alienated, but getting the natural colours back is practically impossible.

Your first picture is underexposed.

For your second, you should recover more of the whites, counter light pictures are always difficult to take. I use bracketing in such situations.

Your third is out of focus, contains probably noise and is underexposed.

Abambo_0-1623099179920.png

Your last picture shows chromatic aberration and is out of focus.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This I can work with thanks, I shall take a look at all the things you said and perhaps train my eyes to see them too since I am rather new and learning. Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines