• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejected for compression or grain issues when shooting concrete or old stone. iso 250 no noise or retouching, is the stone throwing off the screening and what can i do about it.

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rejected for compression or grain issues when shooting concrete or old stone. iso 250  no noise or retouching,  is the stone throwing off the screening and what can i do about it.  thanks in adavnce

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Hi,

in this resolution you posted here is an analysis regarding noise and grain and compression errors not possible, I mean.

Generally, the lowest compression level is always recommended when saving as jpg and when uploading your images to agencies.

Note also that depending on which technical requirements your camera fulfils in terms of resolution and sensor, the quality of the stored jpg may suffer a lot of quality after image processing.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload an image so we can see the actual what you are referring to? It would then be easier to make a better judgement.

And by the way, there will be some noise even at ISO 250 - but this would depend on the lighting conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by Tina Gutierrez 299.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had a bunch rejected in this batch and in others it always seems to be when there is stone or streets or concrete.  I always inspect the focus at 100 percent befor submiting anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

in this resolution you posted here is an analysis regarding noise and grain and compression errors not possible, I mean.

Generally, the lowest compression level is always recommended when saving as jpg and when uploading your images to agencies.

Note also that depending on which technical requirements your camera fulfils in terms of resolution and sensor, the quality of the stored jpg may suffer a lot of quality after image processing.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use JPEG to take this image? Looking at it at 100% or even greater - to me is has JPEG artifacts - it looks rather 'blocky' or 'speckly'.

For best results - if you don't do this already is to shoot in raw and do minor adjustments in raw editing software such as Lightroom.

Results are not likely to be so consistent if you shoot in JPEG. Also, I think because there is a lot of detail here - as in the statue, defects are more likely to show up. The reviewers do look at images carefully from what I have gathered since submitting, and this is quite a common theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you 

ill try it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines