• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Illustrative Editorial collection.

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the Illustrative Editorial collection tough to figure out. I hate that the rejection reason is only a standard form letter and not helpful at all.  I uploaded this image (See attached image) which has been rejected, I then search the Adobe database and notice other images from the same location. So, my qustion is Why me? 

L1320992-Low-Res.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

IMHO: Crop it so that there are no faces anymore and it will pass! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

Please tell us what Adobe says it was rejected for. Give us the info provided on your Contributor Rejection page.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JG,

Adobe sent me a standard rejection note for editorial:

Thanks for submitting your file for review.

Unfortunately, during our review we found that this file does not meet the Adobe Stock’s Illustrative Editorial Guidelines.

We are looking for imagery intended to illustrate articles on current events and news, focused on conceptual imagery using real brands and products to convey strong ideas.

The most common cases for rejection from that collection are:

• The file includes identifiable people.
  • The file is news or documentary editorial.
  • The file did not have a strong editorial concept.

Other reasons may apply, to learn more about the reasons Adobe Stock may decline certain images, including more information about the Illustrative Editorial collection 

File ID: 350995990

Original name: L1320992-tkts-Times-square-NYC.jpg

I noticed other files with same theme on adobe:  file #  333830044    332794534
Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

After a careful look at the information you provide, including the example links (thank you for that), I believe It was rejected for two main reason. The photo is very crowded and does not project a clear-cut subject. Also the images must be upright. 

The images you use as examples, if you notice the subjects are upright. Also you can clearly identify subject element. It could be about the sign, or the rain. The other, it is clear that the sign is the subject.

Please take a look at the following guideline:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/illustrative-editorial-content.html

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully disagree with your reply. 

Not sure at all what you mean by "upright" 

Shooting on angle is not illustrative-editorial?

Adobe's illustrative-editorial is all over the place. It reads like all they want is business logo's

but I see images that show much more on searches. 

I myself have uploaded empty streets of NYC during this pandemic and some get rejected as not illustrative-editorial and some get accepted. 

Adobe recently had a Crowdcast: Brand Stories: Creating Illustrative Editorial and Brand Friendly Assets and I was hoping to be enlighten on Illustrative Editorial. They spent little time on it and learned nothing before they moved on to diversity Brand images.  

Thanks for your input,

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kathy,

Just for clarity. By upright I mean at 90 degree angle to the base, or vertical. That is what I observe with the 2 examples you highlight. And I know for sure if there is a problem with subject not properly angled as it would appear naturally, or normally, it is going to be rejected. What I highlight, is what I have seen. The building looks as though it is tumbling forward. The best way to avoid this appearance is to select and isolate a subject and concentrate on it, making sure it is vertical, or horizontal as the natural case might be. Photos are 2 dimensional, and subjects need to be composed taking this into consideration. I am not able to say what on the image is the subject. It is too crowded.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO: Crop it so that there are no faces anymore and it will pass! 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.

So the billboard with people in it might be considered as people in the image.

I'll give that a try and see how it plays.

Thanks,

kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I suspect... I suppose the moderator considers people as being people... 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo,

I cropped the image and that did the trick.

It would be nice if rejected images would come with better explanations.

Thanks for the insight,

Kathy

L1320992a-LR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it would be nice... but be honest... this one was easy!

The most common cases for rejection from that collection are:

• The file includes identifiable people.

You just need to know that a picture of a picture of a person is quite the same as a picture of the person. Most people look for real people in a picture, but posters and billboards are also recognizable, so you need a model release (or in this case you get a refusal).

Moderators do not have the time to give you better hints especially as the standard text has the same meaning in all translations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines