Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for "technical issues" - why?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new contributor to Adobe Stock.

I edited all of the attached photos in Adobe Lightroom per the suggestion on Adobe's guide for stock contributors.  They were all rejected for "technical reasons".  No additional reason was given.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?  What can I do differently with future submissions to prevent them from being rejected?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

The photos are out of focus. Some photos have extreme chromatic aberration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's requirements are for perfect commercial grade photography. I looked at a few of yours and they don't seem to have a sharp focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photos are out of focus. Some photos have extreme chromatic aberration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm afraid they are also not very commercially viable. What could these shots be used for?

The overall image quality isn't good.

The same reasons apply to these pictures as your other ones you have asked for advice on.

It would be good to do a bit of background reading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anywhere else you would suggest selling them?  Sounds to me like Adobe Stock is not well-suited to the photographs I have on hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the competition and ask yourself, why would someone buy your pictures instead of these?

https://stock.adobe.com/search/images?filters%5Bcontent_type%3Aphoto%5D=1&filters%5Bcontent_type%3Ai...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response does not answer the question I asked.  To rephrase, my question was "where can I sell the photos I already have?  If Adobe Stock won't accept my photos, who will?"

But to answer your question, my photographs are unique.  Aside from the fact that the photos in my collection are unlikely to be in use anywhere else, they display much more daring artistic choice than the ones you have shown me.  For example, most of the pictures you have shown me seem to be excessively bright; mine follow Adobe's suggestion of being minimally edited so that the recipient may adjust the image to their liking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images that appear on the search link above have all been accepted into the Adobe collection because of their appeal to stock photo buyers, many of whom purchase from multiple agencies.

There's another large stock agency that drastically cut its artists' commissions last year, and they've been steadily relaxing their acceptance standards as well. You can try there. Out of respect for the operators of this forum, I'd prefer not to name them directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is about contributing to Adobe Stock. It isn't about finding alternative outlets. It may not be forbidden to discuss it, but it isn't why people come here.  Good luck with your search. Maybe a general photography forum is more appropriate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines