Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for 'Technical Issue'

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The image below was rejected for a 'Technical Issue'.  I'm trying to determine what the problem is.  I'd appreciate any insight you could share, as it would help me with my submissions in the future.  Thanks in advance for the guidance.

- Bob

150A1691-2.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bobb95466266,

If you are new to this forum, we always let stock contributors know that answers to most of their questions set conveniently between many pages of information published by Adobe Stock Guidelines. So, we all must get to know it sooner or later.

The rejection process is where we learn about our own personal errors - using trial and error and eventually the acceptance of our stock offerings.

One of the most mysterious of the rejection reasons is the one you just fielded -- Technical Issues.

We ACP's take a look at your work at 100 - 200 % and see if the reason for this rejection is obvious.  Quality is a must, focus, composition, lighting, lack of noise or post-processing. From my view, your work is not sharp and focused throughout the entire shot. Yes, the turkey is probably set by you to be a blur but the reviewer is often saying "don't do that the client can do that if they want it."

Here are a few things to read and look for the problems, you search your work and see if you can spot them. Sending you best regards, JH

"Technical error is technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which are usually specified. These can include but not limited to white balance, contrast, saturation, chromatic abrasion, and general composition. For example in the case of general composition, "Focus or  have you cropped the image too much?"  In the case of chromatic abrasion, there might be color fringes around the edges of the image. More details about Technical Issues are found at Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock.

Another thing you need to know, buyers prefer to add their special effects.  Also, your editing should be inconspicuous.  Here is a list of Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock.

Also at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle are guidelines, and tutorials you'll benefit from." From an ACP forum earlier reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You were given 'Technical Issues' reason, therefore this refers to white balance, contrast and saturation as well as general composition, as mentioned above. Therefore, for me the first thing I notice is your white balance. People often don't take this into account. But this is very important, especially for indoor shots, and under artifical lighting. For me your shot is a tad too warm, and the colour temp needs to be reduce a bit to more blue. You have a bit too much yellow/red cast. The computer screen is taking on a slightly yellow cast - which is from the electric lighting.

Also, I think that the turkey catches the eye too much, it's rather distracting so, composition can also be a factor. However, I wouldn't want it to be in sharp focus - unless that is the subject of course. So, even though it is blurred, the eye tends to look at that more than the screen which is the main subject being Cyber Monday, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the main refusal reason is composition. There should be less crop on the left and upper side. In other words, I would like to see more of the (empty!) screen. The picture has potential. Retake it with a better composition and it will get (hopefully) accepted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The foreground and the background are fighting for the viewers attention. Thats a huge problem. The lighting is bad and so is the cropping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bobb

As highlighted before, composition is the reason for rejection. In your case it is your copping. There isn't much a buyer can do with a crop as yours. However if you did take the entire laptop in with area around it to facilitate cropping and/or labeling by the customer, your image would have more potential for sale; but as it is there's not much a customer can do to customize for their own use, hence limiting the chance of getting your image sold.

I hope you found this helpful

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also - what have a turkey to do with Cyber Monday Sale ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oleschwander  wrote

Also - what have a turkey to do with Cyber Monday Sale ..?

Nothing, but it may be decorative...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Speaking as a non-American, it just may be the fact that Thanksgiving and turkeys go together as Cyber Monday follows Black Friday and Black Friday follows Thanksgiving which is accompanied by a turkey - so you see, the two are related!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi oleschwander

If both the laptop and the turkey were in focus, and not clipped, customers who want the turkey could buy the image for the turkey, while those who want the Cyber Monday Sale buy it for that that purpose. Also the same customer could have need for both separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines