• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me understand what is wrong with this picture and why it was rejected.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Nice picture, nice dog. One problem is the composition: it is too tight. You cut off the top of the dog's head. Commercial photography should not crop tightly, leave a little extra so the purchaser can crop. Similarly, while the purchaser may not need all the dog's body, cutting the pink name tag in two is not ideal. If the story is: dogs need name tags, then show it all. If the story is: dogs are free, consider removing collar and tag (while shooting in a safe and secure environment of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice picture, nice dog. One problem is the composition: it is too tight. You cut off the top of the dog's head. Commercial photography should not crop tightly, leave a little extra so the purchaser can crop. Similarly, while the purchaser may not need all the dog's body, cutting the pink name tag in two is not ideal. If the story is: dogs need name tags, then show it all. If the story is: dogs are free, consider removing collar and tag (while shooting in a safe and secure environment of course). The dog's nose is dirty of course; I assume this is sand. Many potential users would see this as a fault, but someone looking for that effect will love it; be sure to set subject and keywords to reflect that. When planning and posing a shot you need to think what your story is: what kind of advertiser will want to use this, to sell what?  And you should carefully review your competition, Adobe are looking for the best commercial shots, and already have almost 3 million pictures of dogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you your advice is very helpful. I am new to stock photography and what I think is an adorable picture of a puppy at the beach it is not what advertisers are seeking. Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I agree with TSN that the composition is too tight. Also to add, I would increase the colour temperature a bit more and just a bit more tint if you can in Photoshop or Lightroom for example.

DSC_1192white blance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you ricky336 I appreciate every piece of advice I can get. I understand now thanks to you and TSN that the crop is too tight and I see too that the color temp could be a bit warmer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep working at your craft and read the following articles.

Hope this helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea thank you so much for the links, I appreciate it very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kpatterson235 ,

In addition to being a bit too cool and closely cropped, the photo displays grain/noise and color fringing on the edges.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1615752628347.png

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JG thank you for your constructive critique it is very helpful and much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines