• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected from illustration for technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo illustrations were both rejected for technical issues. Both were photo montages created from multiple photos that I took myself. Was it because I called the illustration? I thought that I shouldn’t submit the as photos because they are heavily worked in Photoshop.

I tried to include the images but I can’t find a way to do it

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

As you illustrations are quite interesting, they still need to fulfill clear quality requirements. What should I, buyer, do, when the image is not sharp and I need a sharp image? I will rant after Adobe for accepting this picture.

Stock is not a place to push “art”, its a place where you put in your “craft”. Sorry, but that are the rules.

I as a buyer of stock images, I buy 2 or 3 images to combie to convey my idea of what I want to present. Eg: We have acquired a picture of a biker and a car’s r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the image icon to include an image here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I can’t do this from my phone. I will do it when I get on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fora handling is a little bit clumsy on the phone. I think it should work in landscape mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7E89E20C-A400-46B2-8453-EEED37BAA11E.jpegThis is one of the images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While your work is unique and interesting, this one has several things that would prevent a buyer from ordering it from Adobe Stock. Take a look at the guidelines Adobe has created for stock contributors. Best regards. JH

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This the other

280E1789-4920-4D6E-9D8C-083C23902A2D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the pictures are a bit messy. There is not a clear focus on what you want to show. Are they photos or illustrations?

The technical issue in this case could be the double exposure in the first shot and the tree outside its frame and the sticks dividing the photo in the second and also outside its frame. It seems best to submit to Adobe Stock straight images without any artistic impression. I think here you have a bit of everything without showing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were submitted as illustrations. The are created using a number of photos to convey an idea. For instance, the train image was conveying that “you can take the train out of the city but you cant take the city out of the train.

I submitted them as illustrations, not as photos

i guess I’ll just stick to submitting straight photos instead. Illustration may bey just too subjective

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you illustrations are quite interesting, they still need to fulfill clear quality requirements. What should I, buyer, do, when the image is not sharp and I need a sharp image? I will rant after Adobe for accepting this picture.

Stock is not a place to push “art”, its a place where you put in your “craft”. Sorry, but that are the rules.

I as a buyer of stock images, I buy 2 or 3 images to combie to convey my idea of what I want to present. Eg: We have acquired a picture of a biker and a car’s rear mirror and combined both for a road security campaign. Both pictures were perfect and we introduced the distortions we needed. If there would have been distortions in one of the picture, we wouldn’t have been able to use it.

So produce simple correct pictures. The buyer will make a piece of art of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines