• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Image help please

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted this image as digital art and it was rejected for "Technical Issues".  I read the description, but don't see that I have any of the issues that were listed.  Is it the texture that I added over the entire image?

Clearly something is wrong, but I don't know what.   Rejected image feedback needed.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I think your suspicions about the texture are correct. From reading other posts in this forum the reason given for rejection might only list one item, but cover many (it can be a little confusing).

Even without enlarging your photo, the texture looks like noise more than texture, and looks maybe a little over sharpened underneath. I think the reviewers prefer straight up photos without too much filters and art-edits more than completed 'fine art' style photos, if that makes sense? The idea being a buyer would add their own texture and arty finish.

From a purely picky point of view (and totally my opinion), how you've framed the horizon looks like he image isn't straight (without any reference to a vertical or horizontal, my eye is drawn to the yellow field at the back for 'straight'... even if in reality it wasn't). I'd make the field straight which will also straighten the strong cloud horizontal.

Great timing with the two in flight though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think your suspicions are right. Don't add any filters or texture overlays. The buyer can do this if they want, but if you do it, it lessens its salability. And as Dr Sniffy noticed - your horizon is wonky - so this comes under technical issues.

(It's a bit like people who want to straighten crooked pictures on the wall. )

When post-processing, only alter a few minor things if necessary - exposure, horizon, white balance, a little sharpening - but not too much, lens correction if needed and so on.

Read this about technical quality from Adobe, if you haven't done so already!

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

And read the other links as well found at the top of the Contributor page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi AZinclined,

You should not be adding any special effect to you images. As explained above, it limits your image's ability to sell since the customer will add his own according to what he likes. Here are some links that will provide guidelines you need to know:

1)  tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle  - read all the topics and subtopics, including the PDF document. At the end of the "Adobe Stock Contributor Guide" are important links that you need to read also.

2)  Do's and don'ts for selecting and editing photos for Adobe Stock is another important link you can benefit from.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines