• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Pictures

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys! I thought these were a brilliant Idea but they were rejected, Being new to this can someone give me feedbackCrazy Crawler_0-1594990770462.jpeg

African Penguin.JPG

Please?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Hello,

Switchlab is right... The first picture is way too green and overexposed and the penguin is also overexposed as well as chromatic aberration - this when the lens doesn't focus the light exactly and so you get fringing on the edges like here:

African Penguinchroma....jpg

It's common on lenses.

If you edit this in post production software - e.g Lightroom or Photoshop, take note of the histogram. That can give you a lot of information.

e.g.:

Annotation 2020-07-17 histogram.jpg

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to Adobe Stock Cummunity. The first picture which is quite small have a white balance problem. The picture is much too greenish, and some area are overexposed. The second picture is out-of-focus. Both pictures are noisy.

The Canon PowerShot uses a small sensor which needs a lot of ampliflication and therefore produces a lot of noise.

Pictures that sell must have a nice composition, no noise, and a resolution of 300 dpi instead of 180.

Keep shooting. The more I shoot, the more I learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: Pictures that sell must have a nice composition, no noise, and a resolution of 300 dpi instead of 180.

The dpi setting (ppi) is not relevant here, resolution in overall pixels is. The dpi value gives only sense when you have a picture in print at a specific size in inches and for a given resolution and this is a good indication for the final print quality. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Switchlab is right... The first picture is way too green and overexposed and the penguin is also overexposed as well as chromatic aberration - this when the lens doesn't focus the light exactly and so you get fringing on the edges like here:

African Penguinchroma....jpg

It's common on lenses.

If you edit this in post production software - e.g Lightroom or Photoshop, take note of the histogram. That can give you a lot of information.

e.g.:

Annotation 2020-07-17 histogram.jpg

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Crazy Crawler,

Assuming you got a "technical issues" rejection, please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work.

Just trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully produce one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,
V

Crazy_Crawler_IMG-0081.jpgCrazy_Crawler_IMG-0078.jpg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Fun fact: You don't know what you are talking about? I don't think so!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes I do... 😛

though not at your level yet, Master

humbly learning from everybody and always trying to bring some joy to all 🙂

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines