Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Stock Photo Submission

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to uploading photos for stock submissions and just saw one of my photos was rejected, so I'm looking for suggestions as to why and what I can do to improve the photo.  This photo was taken as a JPEG image instead of RAW; not sure why I did that when I took this since I always shoot RAW. It was just too cool an image to delete though.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the focus isn't very good, so there's not much you can do.

Keep it for your own records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you for looking over my photo and letting me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mind_eye_image,

It is really a cool picture, but the edges are not sharp, its very noisy, and also has color fringing. Zoom you images to 100% to inspect before uploading.

Sorry, because of the poor focus, this image cannot be corrected for stock.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you very much for your input JG; so very helpful! I have much to learn when editing my photos, so this is very helpful advice. It seems I have a lot of focus issues with other photos I have been inspecting, so I will have to pay better attention. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mind_Eyes_Image,

Welcome to the Adobe Community.

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yours. NO plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of multiple possible rejection reasons.

I am not an Adobe employee nor anybody to convince you about anything, I am just a volunteering dude trying to help people blowing off some steam when their work is rejected.

In other words, trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully will produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

Vences

PS. It was indeed a nice shot worth to try 🙂

032E61A6-50C6-45E1-A492-57E0A07B39AF.jpeg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vences, thank-you so much for your input and taking the time to write details on the photo to help me better understand issues you noticed; that was great! I got a nice smile reading your comments. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines