• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection due to artefact

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few of my picture were rejected because of too many artefact. I am shooting in raw and I use Lightroom for publishing picture onto adobe stock. But before being able to publish those picture I need to convert them in JPG as adobe stock do not accept raw format. I am wondering if the artefact may arise from the conversion to JPG and the parameters I am using in Lightroom to convert those raw images (Indeed comparing in detail some of the raw image with their JPG version, I see some of what could be identified as an Artefact).

To export the image in JPG, I am using the 'export' tools from Lightroom itself with, certainly wrong parameters for the image size. Did any have recommendation one those parameters to properly convert to JPG without introducing artefact.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

If you use Lightroom and want to publish to Adobe Stock AND you want to publish directly within Lightroom, then you don't need to convert to JPG as the Adobe Stock Publisher converts raw format to JPG automatically. This saves you the extra step of conversion within Lightroom.

Also when you are converting, make sure you are using the maximum quality - 100%, and the maximum file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I did not see a copy of your photograph you asked about. I can not give a clear answer when I can not look at the picture. So, I will send you to the Adobe information for Stock Contributors. If you will review everything about the JPG sizes that are acceptable you will probably find an answer to your question. I change my large photographs and illustrations in Photoshop when I set the size and dpi and select save as jpg. Once you get the process down be sure to write it down. So a bit of reading here first. JH

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Lightroom and want to publish to Adobe Stock AND you want to publish directly within Lightroom, then you don't need to convert to JPG as the Adobe Stock Publisher converts raw format to JPG automatically. This saves you the extra step of conversion within Lightroom.

Also when you are converting, make sure you are using the maximum quality - 100%, and the maximum file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion.

The first time I tried to published raw image to Adobe Stock with Lightroom itself I got an error telling me their were images that did not fulfil the requirement. After changing all raw images to jpeg format, I did not get the error. Thus I though that Lightroom was not able to perform the conversion automatically while publishing on Adobe Stock. I will investigate this issue and will try again. It is true that I would prefer let lightroom do all the conversion automatically than adding additional step myself to publish the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines