• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection due to "ARTIFACTS PROBLEM" in a perfectly fine picture?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am new to Adobe Stock and wanted to see if any of you could tell me what's wrong with this picture in terms of Artifacts? Even if I zoom in, everything looks good. Obviously, the nose in the center is blurry because the focus is on the eyes, so I really hope that this is not the problem!?

I really like this picture and think its much different from all the standard "Blue footed booby" pictures that you can get on the stock websites, so was hoping to get it on sale here!

ARTIFACTS PROBLEM?!

2013.07.16-Galapagos-San-Christobal.jpg

Oh and then another question. My picture of Burj Khalifa in Dubai was rejected due to "INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY REFUSAL" - can anyone tell me the difference to the thousands of pictures of the same building? I do not have a property release, but I only plan on selling it as editorial and am pretty sure that none of the people shooting pictures of the same building got a property release from the emirat?!

Thanks!
Chris

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Hi,

I can't see artifacts in this picture, but I think the real problem is that nothing in this picture is really sharp. That would definitely be a reason for refusal.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah At first it feels like what is that creature.   It looks that the reviewer had rejected due to out of focus nose at center. Which feels distracting from other object in focus. Adobe team can clarify better the actual.

And for second one As far as I know Not every one can upload editorial images on adobe. Did you actually uploaded it means Burj Khalifa photo as editorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that would be a shame, because I think the nose is exactly what makes the picture good. Hopefully one of the reviewer can help out with some more info. THanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis is too much of the center of the photo so badly out of focus and it does not make it great. You could select the center part and put it through one of Photoshops filters or Camera Raw and bring it into focus - just correct the problem and resubmit it and see if it gets accepted and then you question is answered. Blur - out of focus is never accepted. A client can blur any area they wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a focused nose would ruin the picture if Adobe really wants that to happen in order to accept it, ill just leave it out. Which would be a shame cause i really like it and maybe some others would too, including the out of focus nose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't see artifacts in this picture, but I think the real problem is that nothing in this picture is really sharp. That would definitely be a reason for refusal.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure it's sharp enough for most people that only would use it on a website and not print it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should keep in mind that the agency not only sells your pictures for use on websites but also offers them in higher resolutions for printing on paper. In this respect, the image must fulfill all requirements.

Greets

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can change it. See if we like it in focus cause I would not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but what if they like it with the nose NOT in focus? Because I think it makes for a better picture. Its all a matter of personal taste i think , but even if only 30% of the market likes the foto in the way it is, it would be a shame if it would not be accepted. Thats my point

Oh and I wouldnt even know how to get the nose in focus afterwards in post editinng. Dont have the time for it either still curious what an offical adobe person will say about the topic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you do it as you like. What happens is up to Adobe and the clients. You would benefit from going to the free instructions and tutorials offered by Adobe Stock. Your what if questions are best answered by the professionals and their selections. Get to know them well if you want to sell there. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Joan. Please can you give me a link to get in touch with Adobe staff, as I would really like to interact with them. Kind regards, Carmen Ray Anderson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rayfromhc, This is an older forum - originaly was dated back in January of this year. It looks as though the translations have confused the words several times.

I will post the places to learn about artifacts and other potential rejection reasons. The answers are here in the Adobe Guidelines for stock contributors. These guidelines are created and published by Adobe staff.  If you have a question about your stock photos, post a picture of the rejected work and the reason for rejection.

Adobe staff monitor these forums.  rayfromhc, it would be better if you start a new discussion without the old exchange mixed in your new questions. Kind regards, JH 

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisontour84  schrieb

Yes but what if they like it with the nose NOT in focus? Because I think it makes for a better picture.

Hi.

I think the picture is so special in your eyes because it doesn't correspond to human viewing habits. This kind of "focusing" on an object is not possible for the human eye and therefore appears very unnatural when looking at the image. I think an important point is to pay attention to the depth of field for plausibility in order to get a picture accepted and to sell it here.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I think that many pictures are rejected by an algorithm that might need some tuning. But still curious to see what someone from Adobe has to say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines