• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejection for technical reasons

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong with this image in technical terms?

IMG_1210.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Greeting,

I will give my opinion and then hope rickey336 gives his opinion too. It appears you have used a fisheye lens. Not a good idea for this subject. Why not is clearly seen in the brackish brown water in center-foreground as out of focus. This lens loses the definition of all objects in the photo. To the general public, it looks as if someone has painted the golden brown in the middle of the beautiful water and destroyed the calm and balance of the photo. A potential buyer would be put off

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping in joanh22203655 and ricky336 for helping you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greeting,

I will give my opinion and then hope rickey336 gives his opinion too. It appears you have used a fisheye lens. Not a good idea for this subject. Why not is clearly seen in the brackish brown water in center-foreground as out of focus. This lens loses the definition of all objects in the photo. To the general public, it looks as if someone has painted the golden brown in the middle of the beautiful water and destroyed the calm and balance of the photo. A potential buyer would be put off from paying for this only to clean it up - which is impossible at this point. I do not see much to be saved in this photo. I do wonder why the lens was deliberately used. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I think the white balance (colour temperature) may have been an issue - that comes under 'technical reasons'. I don't think the fisheye lens is an issue - and to me it doesn't look like a fisheye 15mm lens was used, but a wide angle lens! The brown to me is part of the composition, isn't it? So, I don't think that was the issue as well.

IMG_1210.jpg

So, try decreasing the colour temperature and increasing the tint just a bit, so it looks a bit more balanced. The difference can be very subtle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines