• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejections for IPV confuse me! Help please!

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a question on here before and received an email response. However, because I'm new to stock photo I have some additional questions that I would like clarified.

1. Couple of my photos were rejected for Intellectual Property Violation. The reason for it (so I was told in an email) was because I used certain tags that were not allowed. So, I removed the tags and resubmitted; however, my photos were rejected for the same reason yet again. I'm now completely lost as to the true reason. I've also looked up to see if there are other photos of that kind- there are. So, why are some photos rejected for IPV and others aren't?

2. I uploaded new photos that were yet again rejected for IPV from my travels in Rome. I've done research as to what landmarks are allowed to sell and the ones I uploaded should not be a problem. This time, I reviewed other contributors tags and they're no different than mine and there are plenty of photos that are being sold on here of the landmark.

It just appears to me that moderators aren't consistent with their rejections when it comes to IPV.

Here's Adobe's rule for Property Release, yet mine are rejected even though the landmarks are a lot more than 120  years old. So, why the inconsistency?

"You may need property releases for images or videos of famous buildings and landmarks. In general, images/videos of historical monuments that are more than 120-years-old don’t require releases."

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

I do not recommend you resubmit this file. The status at other agencies is not something we are able to take into consideration when reviewing content. As you mentioned, what is successful at one site may not be successful at Adobe Stock and vice versa. Keep shooting and submitting. As you continue to build your portfolio you will start to get a good feel for what works for Adobe Stock and what works for other agencies.

Good luck!

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this is the same issue as your other thread and the tickets you submitted. If you still have unanswered questions please let me know.

For others reading this post with similar questions, please post examples of your work in the critique forum.

Kind regards,

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I posted because after taking your advice about removing certain tags my pics were yet again rejected.

My photo of the Pantheon was rejected for the same reason- why is that?

Thank you for your help. I’m new to this so it’s I’m trying to understand how everything works and the reasons behind it so I don’t keep making the same mistakes.

Anna

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the image here so we can see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P1140964.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an image of the Pantheon in Rome. There are thousands of photos posted of it on Stock and other stock photo website but mine got rejected for IPR. I'm sorry that about all the questions but I'm new to this and am still learning and trying to figure things out. Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange indeed ... You can not use eg. David in Florence - but this one should be ok ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Should I even attempt to resubmit? This image was accepted on Shutterstock- they just had me translate the inscription. I find that a lot more of my photos are accepted on Shutterstock than here but then some rejections on Shutterstock have been accepted here. Because of that, it's hard to know what will be accepted and what will be rejected on either site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not recommend you resubmit this file. The status at other agencies is not something we are able to take into consideration when reviewing content. As you mentioned, what is successful at one site may not be successful at Adobe Stock and vice versa. Keep shooting and submitting. As you continue to build your portfolio you will start to get a good feel for what works for Adobe Stock and what works for other agencies.

Good luck!

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines