• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reporting inappropriate content

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've hunted the forums for a way to do this, and message threads are either locked or have Adobe boilerplate "we appreciate this and do everything we can, yadda, yadda".

I'm looking through Adobe for stock images for a school software website I'm designing FYI.

Anyhoo. Here's a series of images featuring a child not only handling a handgun,. but putting it beneath his chin (and finger in trigger guard)

https://stock.adobe.com/au/images/young-student-stressed-due-to-excessive-studies/300148279

It's also searchable using the string "primary students with gun"

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I saw a photographer setting up these shots, I'd be calling Child services in my country. What the total F?! There's also images of this same child in a series on "childhood smoking", so I've got to ask myself if he's actually okay. Yes it's "acting", but there's some nasty stuff going on here.

https://stock.adobe.com/au/images/concept-of-underage-smoking-with-young-boy-and-family/314792836

Then there's the bizarrely pedo-appropriate young girls wearing lipstick and mascara, sitting so skirts are exposed. Seriously?

https://stock.adobe.com/au/images/happy-children-girlfriends-schoolgirls-student-elementary-school-w...

(And I accidentally licensed this image because I couldn't zoom in and see the detail, any chance of revoking that license Adobe?)

So anyway, if I see any others, I'll be sure to let you guys know.

L.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you, every one is looking for the right image to describe and enhance information. Sometimes the info is not exactly comfortable and cushy. Sometimes the type of images you question has to be available whether nice or not. Quite frankly even the most innocent images can be used for vile purposes. How about child predators ? How do they use an innocent pic of a child? Think about it. Not nice.

Those images are not the only vile ones but are still necessary. How about poop images? Then there's disease on a person or how about even garbage/pollution. Those images can be nasty at times too but necessary. Only thing a MS site should not provide are 9orno images. That's just asking for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PaintedKitty

Thanks for your response. I'd like to respectfully disagree with your position, and I'll explain why.

You make a number of arguments, but I feel there's a false equivalence there. Poop images are a natural function of a body. Disease is a natural function. No they're not pretty, but that's biology for you. I can't watch hospital dramas because of all the pink organs and things like that, but I won't be so foolish as to suggest they should be banned or removed. Pollution and garbage are results of human actions and whether we like it or not, environmentalist or right-wing capitalist, this is the reality of our existence. They are also contextual.

This isn't about "nice vs nasty", "appropriate vs inappropriate", "comfort vs discomfort". It's about what the images actually portray. There's photos out on the internet of child soldiers holding guns which are horrible but contextual and therefore appropriate. Holding a gun to your head over homework is frankly (and you'll forgive the pun), overkill.

The secondary concern over a photographer who's prepared to supply a realistic (looking?) gun and ask a child to hold it to his head with his finger in the trigger guard is twofold: one is gun safety, and second is my personal feeling that if I saw it happening, I'd call the police and report the photographer for child abuse. And maybe this makes me "uncomfortable" and all, but there are better ways to present information. It it was a cartoon, fine. If it was an actual live photograph, fine. Asking a child to do this in a staged environment, not on.

As for the 6 year olds with lipstick and mascara, I am aware that there are child beauty pageants and the like. But they don't wear school uniforms. And there's no school I'm aware of that allows full-on makeup on pre-teens. Correct me if I'm wrong though. So my argument here is that the images aren't even appropriate for general use for "elementary school kids using phones", as the framing and presentation of the child models is not even remotely realistic. Again, this is contextual. If it was a child beauty pageant, then have at it.

And finally, even you're prepared to draw a line. So why can't I?

Thanks for the reply once again. It's interesting to hear other people's views.

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lisa_sin,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will forward your message to the appropriate team and they will review the content.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lisa_sin,

I've also granted you a replacement license for the unwanted image.

EBQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines