• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requesting feedback for the rejected pic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty new to Stock Photography and would appreciate if you could let me know the reasons why the pic has been rejected. My thought process was to click a short that can be used for Nature and Travel Magazines/Calendars.

Pic Link:https://asn.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/89/85/55/220_F_189855553_kZcT3VgtAvgDZ6zqv0GlNt4PgE9cMLsw.jpg

File ID: 189855553

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Hi,

have a look here into an overview and explanation of Adobe's reasons for refusal, so that you can avoid some possible mistakes before you upload:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

As far as your reason for refusal is concerned, the explanation is there:

"Aesthetic or commercial appeal

Ask yourself: “If I were the customer, why would I buy this image?"

If you can’t answer that question, we recommend that you change your approach if you want to submit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be my monitor, but it appears to be quite blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies - could not figure out how to attach the original pic... below is the enlarged pic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an exceptionally beautiful photograph. However, the foreground is what I want to see. Can you use Camera Raw and bring the plants into sharp bright focus? As it is now, darker areas are rejection reason. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JH for your time and feedback -- I have filled a bit of light in the foreground -- perhaps it may look better now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

А я считаю, что снимок замечательный ( нижний вариант).  Придраться можно  ко  всему. Как  говорится идеальной фотографии не бывает.  Но  здесь есть  красота- покоя.  У меня эта фотография  вызывает  эмоции.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Я подумала...,  и поняла что нижняя часть , действительно , создаёт некую тяжеловатость  в фотографии ,и ветки полузасохшей травы не создают ажурность  на фоне облаков , а наоборот , выглядят неопрятно и через -чур растопырено. Если б в нижней части фо -то  выглядывала  бы  небольшая часть скалы, а остальное- облака с закатным солнцем. Наверное , было бы интересней.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback - perhaps the below pics might do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Спасибо, но этот вариант мне тоже не нравится. А если  оставить одни облака?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you -- I got the idea now -- will try to keep in mind when I go out again clicking. Appreciate your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what was the stated reason for the refusal? Did you upload the picture with the frame like this?  This could be the reason for rejection.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response -- No I did not have any border in the pic that I have uploaded -- the border here is due to the screenshot I have taken to post in this forum.

Reason for rejection is "File Declined - Lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal" which I kind of agree and wanted to learn from the forum what could I have done better to get a shot that adds value.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

have a look here into an overview and explanation of Adobe's reasons for refusal, so that you can avoid some possible mistakes before you upload:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

As far as your reason for refusal is concerned, the explanation is there:

"Aesthetic or commercial appeal

Ask yourself: “If I were the customer, why would I buy this image?"

If you can’t answer that question, we recommend that you change your approach if you want to submit content to Adobe Stock. Pay attention to the details: If you have a photo of a great-looking family enjoying a barbecue but the barbecue is covered in rust, the image's commercial value is greatly reduced.

Note:

Common subjects like flowers, pets, sunsets, and food are already heavily represented on Adobe Stock. New submissions for these categories are approved if they stand out and show the common subjects in unique ways."

What you could improve here at your picture so that it can stand out against the big competition and stand out so that it is accepted, on it you will probably get some subjective and different answers which can be helpful here, of course, when it comes to image processing and here you can certainly improve a lot.

However, it is also important to take a look at the image design and commercial usability, because of the reason for refusal.

Just as an example the question: Who do you think would buy this painting, who is looking for a sunset, or the one of the plants growing at great heights? I don't think either one of them. For the sunset seeker the plants are too dominant, for the plant seeker the plants are too few in the centre.

For a travel magazine, the foreground is probably too annoying due to the bushes sticking out into the clouds. These may disturb a "fantastic view from the summit of a mountain" which is maybe desired by a magazine, I think. This is only ment as a starting point for your own analysis of the commercial usability of the image.

In general, it is always advisable to check your image with comparable ones in the Adobe photo database to find out what level it needs to be so that it can be sold.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback- will keep this in mind next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines