Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Review and Appeal Process

Participant ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am new to Adobe Stock, though I also submit content to iStock by Getty. I thought I'd give it a go as I'm not exclusive.

At iStock, when your content is reviewed/rejected, there's a chance to review/amend it or explain details and so on, but there doesn't seem to be anyway to contact the review panel at Adobe Stock. Is that the case? iStock have 'Accept' 'Review' or 'Reject'. But Adobe seem to only have 'Accept' or 'Reject'?

I submitted images of the Colosseum in Rome from the exterior, which is listed in Adobe Stock's "Known Image Restrictions" as 'Exterior', meaning the outside of the 1,938 year old building is ok, taken from a public place. However, my images were rejected as "Intellectual Property Issue"?

So do I resubmit that and have to give more details about it being super old and exterior and previously okayed by Adobe?

There's also an image they marked as being out of focus... I checked it and it couldn't be more IN focus...

I've had images rejected as exposure issues, and again, after checking I can't see what the issue is. The feedback is so generic there's no chance to amend it.

I get the impression the process is somewhat automated? I mean, a silhouette or black and white image is going to be dark, but it thinks it's an exposure issue?

So how does one appeal these things or get them to at least look again, or get the image in front of a real person to eliminate computer error?

Lastly, rejecting on "Technical Issues" is too vague. I have no idea what's wrong with those ones. The link to find out more just takes you to a guide on how to take photos, rather than give structured feedback. So it could be the filesize, the aspect ratio, the colour etc. Ok, so they can't give a massive description for all the many users and photos they must get every day, but here's an example of the review feedback from iStock: "Intellectual Property Issue: logo under bridge, please remove"... short and to the point and that was all I needed to change to get it approved.

(Some of my rejected stuff was accurately rejected though.. I'm not totally precious that all my photos are good lol).

Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

I didn't see this whole dedicated forum, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Stock Contributor Critique​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't see this whole dedicated forum, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines