• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roadside Whitetail Deer, a Fawn

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have this image that was conditionally rejected for keywording or title issues that I resubmitted with fewer and mostly different keywords. Then it was rejected outright for being non-compliant. I have many that have been accepted.  But this one, cannot figure out what the issue is. I am not sore about it! just trying to learn! . Any help is appreciated.  Here are the initial keywords.  The title is in the subject line here. 

These were the keywords with resubmission omissions noted as best I can remember, the interface does not show these:

• Deer
  • Cervidae
  • fawn
  • White-Tailed Deer  (omitted second time around)
  • Odocoileus
  • virginianus
  • Whitetail
  • Woods (omitted second time around)
  • Forest (omitted second time around)
  • Green (omitted second time around)

Could it be the latin?  Am I wrong to include? It's based on the science names:

Species: Odocoileus virginianus

Genus: Odocoileus

Family: Cervidae

JustLook_20160807-181751-2016-08-07_18.51.31_084.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

The image was refused in error. Latin/Scientific names are acceptable and even encouraged for images of plants and animals. The image is now online.

Thank you,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Virginianus" contains 2 potentially sensitive words and may have been parsed by some automated process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.  Hmmmm.  Okay.  Understandable really, I have been using the internet for long enough to remember when my swim team had to start avoiding words like "Adult Lap Swim" in subject lines. Any advice for what to do when this happens? Wait a week or two and resubmit without those keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NoHoWarlord,

The use of scientific names (Latin) is acceptable. What is not accepted are names in other language other than your countries own (except for the scientific names). "Odocoileus virginianus" is the scientific name for the white-tail deer, "Odocoileus" being the genus, and "Virginianus" being the species. That is accepted. Normally what I do is to use the whole scientific name as a tag, then break it up into genus name and species name. The words you omitted are correct keywords. I so far do not identify an issue with the words you use.

The issue might be in your Caption. I do not identify a caption in your question, therefore I cannot comment on it.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks very much. Points taken. The subject of this thread was the caption. I can’t seem to copy and paste it while working from my phone. It begins Roadside...

I have had mote photos accepted by this service than I ever expected so it’s all good. I just don’t want to miss an opportunity to learn a good lesson. Thanks! 

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image was refused in error. Latin/Scientific names are acceptable and even encouraged for images of plants and animals. The image is now online.

Thank you,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat, Thank you

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well gosh darn it I was trying to come up with a complaint to level at Adobe and you had to come along and ruin it!! LOL

Totally understandable with the amount of submissions you must get. Seriously, thank you and to the other commenters here, this has been fun. No sales yet but I am gonna keep listening to the feedback I get from the system and here on the Forum and time will tell. 

Thanks again all!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NoHoWarlord,

Once your questions are placed on the forum, we work as a team, doing the best be can on the relevant thread and behind the seen to produce the best possible answers, or results.

Hoping you see some sales soon.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. This is my new thing and I hope to be in a position to either return the favor or pay it forward.    

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines